Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second chance student

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am currently applying through the CAO to return to education via the BTEA scheme for a degree.
    I previously attended a different degree at a different University a number of years ago but never finished it. I registered for the 2nd year of this previous course back in 2004/2005 but never sat the exams and subsequently left the course to work. However, I never officially withdrew from the course by filling out any paperwork. I simply stopped going and started working.

1. So will I still qualify as a Second Chance student and thus have free fees, since this was more than 5 years ago? (I got a letter from the University saying I last registered with them in 2004/2005 but have not registered with them since)

or

2. I won`t qualify as a Second Chance Student because I didn`t officially withdraw from the course via paperwork?

I emailed the CAO but they didn`t give me a definitive answer either way.

Advertisement