Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation of the parenting forum.

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

wow, some nasty attacks going on here. For those name calling (axel rose in particular) perhaps ye should back up your claims before ye gang up on the OP.
    And where are the mods here...last time I checked, calling someone a bint was personal abuse no??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

wow, some nasty attacks going on here. For those name calling (axel rose in particular) perhaps ye should back up your claims before ye gang up on the OP.
    And where are the mods here...last time I checked, calling someone a bint was personal abuse no??

Yes there are mods, but how you report posts instead of giving out and if you have an issue with the moderation of the forum pm the mods or the cat mods about It.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes there are mods, but how you report posts instead of giving out and if you have an issue with the moderation of the forum pm the mods or the cat mods about It.

I've done that too! (report the post)

I've done that too! (report the post)

Yes you reported the post at 13:17, but posted complaining first at 13:13.

Yes you reported the post at 13:17, but posted complaining first at 13:13.

OMG!! a report is a report isn't it??

OMG!! a report is a report isn't it??

Don't bitch about the mods not doing anything before you report it and give us a chance, we don't read every post in every thread an are not online 24/7

• Advertisement

axel rose wrote: »
    Yea lalalulu,
    She posted it ages ago. It even had the same heading. She got short shift there too.

This person has the cheek to happily give substandard care and collect a wage and then brag about it!!! THB in 10 years in childcare (teenagers) I have never seen the crap shes banging on about. For the record my son will be returning to a creche when I sort myself out in the next few months.

and you modified the above at 13:23....shouldn't that include a <snip>??

Thaedydal I did not create this thread, you did so please mark it as so.

The post was dealt with, within minutes of it being reported, that is exceptional turn around on a reported post some times it can take 24 hours on some of the quiet forums.
    So report let the mods get to it before giving out about the moderation of the forum.

This thread was created when I moved your off topic posts out of the thread they were in.
    I am trying to faciltate you by doing this rather then just banning you.

This thread was created when I moved your off topic posts out of the thread they were in.
    I am trying to faciltate you by doing this rather then just banning you.

thanks! maybe you should also put in a reference to the offending post, you know, the one where axel_rose called another poster a 'bint'..attack the post not the poster I was always told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I've always found the boards mods to work very quickly once a post has been highlighted, it's hardly fair to expect them to trawl every thread and scour every post to spot infractions.

I don't see any need for that, it has been dealt with, I am now dealing with you not reporting and complaining first and dragging that thread off topic with the posts I had to then move. Please do not do either of those again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Confused...So calling someone a bint only results in an edit of the post (not even a yellow card) but pointing out the insult gets a ban warning????

Also saying the mods don't read every post seems a bit pointless when mods had already posted on the short thread.

Talk about a storm in a teacup - simple edit and warning would have ended this...suddenly we have a whole thread a la feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I think you two need to get a room ;)

I think you two need to get a room ;)

:cool:

There was a red card handed out and that was a once off, run_Forrest_run kept posting in the other thread derailing it. run_Forrest_run has been asked not to do it again and I am now closing this thread. If anyone has any questions re the mod actions taken they can pm me about it, if they wish to lodge a complain they can pm the cat mods.

You will find the procedure and guidelines here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement