Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble connecting to Eircom

• 19-01-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'll make this as short as possible. Have an eircom landline,ordered broadband just before Xmas, modem arrived quickly. Engineer came out a few days later to set up the line, made a mistake and crossed over my line with a neighbour's (we were receiving their calls and vice versa),this has since been fixed but my broadband still isn't up. I've had to ring them 3 times (they think he might have put the boradband on the neighbour's line), but still nobody has come out. When I turn on my modem the ethernet and wireless lights are lit but the DSL light won't light at all. I thought maybe I could connect to the internet wirelessly while I'm waiting but I don't seem to be able to until that DSL light is lit. Anyone have a similar exerience or any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How could you connect to the internet wirelessly if you dont have a basic connection?

Nobody should have to come out for your dsl to be enabled its an exchange issue.

Ring them again and tell them you will cancel if they dont sort ouit thet situation.

Advertisement