Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

antique furniture.

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any sites / shops where you can sell decent quality furniture (antique wardrobe and singer sewing table)?

I'm leaving the country so trying to sell stuff, but find some sites like gumtree not very reliable in terms of who is making contact. And the furniture isn't really something I would just give away on jumbletown or Dublin waste.ie

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any sites / shops where you can sell decent quality furniture (antique wardrobe and singer sewing table)?

I'm leaving the country so trying to sell stuff, but find some sites like gumtree not very reliable in terms of who is making contact. And the furniture isn't really something I would just give away on jumbletown or Dublin waste.ie

Thanks,

Not much chance of selling any antique furniture nowadays..the arse has completley fallen out of the market and in particular "brown" furniture such as tables and wardrobes.
    The problem now (apart from the recession) is that people tend to live in apartments and smaller houses..there just isnt room for big clunky furniture and its gone very much out of fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there are dealers on auinger street and pearse street

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Antique shops the length and breadth of Francis St in Dublin 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Hey,

Thanks,

If the wardrobe is ornate enough, you might give Renaissance a shout. The owner has a shop on Capel st and one in George's arcade –*sells big pieces and is pretty active.
    Not sure about the sewing table... maybe Johnnie Fox's;)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Could try Christy Bird up near the Portabello pub D6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There is a couple of antique shops around the Capel street end of Parnell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 candy chaos

thanks for the tips...I may get myself to traipsing the streets it seems!

Advertisement