Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College ball

• 19-01-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Going to my first one in less than a month, what exactly do people wear teacup length/shortish/full length? I don't want to look like I'm at the MET Ball, but I would like to be fairly dressy and budget wise I'm ok with splashing a lil bit.

So ladies, options or opinions please? Preferably no black as Ithink it's such a depressing colour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Try and get some pictures of previous events just to give you a feel for the event and then start looking at what you want to wear.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I went to one of the balls at college last year, and most people were wearing cocktail style dresses. There was a few in debs style dresses too, but then again I suppose people might have wanted to get another wear out of their debs dress or something :)

I wore a knee length dress, but I find them more comfortable than full length ones anyway.

This dress is very pretty, and you could accessorise it with brighter colours too. Monsoon is a great place to find nice dresses too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Any college ball I went to it was pretty much anything goes in terms of dresses (once they were in someway dressy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Most people wear cocktail type dresses. Some wear debs type dresses. Doesn't really matter. Nothing TOO ballgowny though. I wore this dress to 2 balls last year, both in different colleges! But I woulda been one of the less dressy ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭JessieJ

It's really a case of 'anything goes' at college balls. Some girls will splash out on a really fancy, full-length gown while others will wear cocktail dresses. A friend of mine looked fab last year in a really simple black dress she bought in Zara for €20.

I'm hoping to wear either a red or black pencil skirt to my college ball in a few weeks time. The problem is that I have no top to match them! Has anybody seen any nice corset/bustier tops in the shops lately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Coast have some try the online store http://www.coast-stores.com

I forogt about making this thread today :o I saw a pretty full length dress on Coast, a magenta colour and then a champagne cocktail length one in warehouse. I'm just not sure if many girls wear full length? As I think i'd actually prefer to be quite dressy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'd say about maybe 25% of the girls there wear full length dresses. But go for it!

Advertisement