Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescue helicopter over grange

• 19-01-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an idea what the rescue helicopter is up to? Its flying around the grange area at a very low altitude for the last half an hour at least.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

looking at it from the computer room in WIT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i'm in kilcohan and its right over my estate..it looked like it was going to land on the green twice..got down very very low..are they looking for someone or is it a practice or something? the noise out of it is drowning out the tv here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

snuggles09 wrote: »
    i'm in kilcohan and its right over my estate..it looked like it was going to land on the green twice..got down very very low..are they looking for someone or is it a practice or something? the noise out of it is drowning out the tv here

Kilcohan? Aaah, they're probably trying to locate that snowball as evidence!

LOL

heard on WLR that they are making an announcement on the news at 3pm so that should shed some light

LOL

heard on WLR that they are making an announcement on the news at 3pm so that should shed some light

about?

• Advertisement

about why the helicopter is hovering here the last hour

its hardly that important

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

stick-dan wrote: »
    its hardly that important

sure how do you know until you hear the announcement?...I'd presume its important enough to the people who can see a big helicopter hovering outside their windows :pac:

interesting to me at the least..if anyone hears why, they might post it up, for my curiousity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

God a really LOL'd at the snowball post. Bravo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Anyone hear anything on wlr at 3pm?

Maybe they're using the heat senson looking for a missing person like they did recently when an elderly patient went missing from the hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

deisemum wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything on wlr at 3pm?

Maybe they're using the heat senson looking for a missing person like they did recently when an elderly patient went missing from the hospital

they didn't say anything on the news at 3 anyway. it was flying very very low at the time so you might be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

LOOKING for a patient from St Otterian's

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    LOOKING for a patient from St Otterian's

I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often as I always see patients from there out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wondered what that raquet was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Hope he wasn't a paranoid schizophrenic, otherwise can't imagine a helicopter following him around doing his olde noggin any good.

Meatwad wrote: »
    Hope he wasn't a paranoid schizophrenic, otherwisw can't imagine a helicopter following him around doing his olde noggin any good.

I hope he doesn't think he's Mr T!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

seen the fire brigade taking a body out of the river today was it the fella fron st otterans does anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

deise48 wrote: »
    seen the fire brigade taking a body out of the river today was it the fella fron st otterans does anybody know?

Heard it was a female face not covered over so hopefully still alive....expect more of this..............pity some *ankers or politicians wouldn't do the decent thing:rolleyes:

my niece who's 10 told me that she was listening to the radio in the car this morning and there was a piece on it about bomb making equipment that had been taken out of a house in Kilcohan and thats what the helicopter was for?? anyone know if thats really the case or did anyone else hear it? like i said she'd only 10 so she may have misheard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

my niece who's 10 told me that she was listening to the radio in the car this morning and there was a piece on it about bomb making equipment that had been taken out of a house in Kilcohan and thats what the helicopter was for?? anyone know if thats really the case or did anyone else hear it? like i said she'd only 10 so she may have misheard

The story doing the rounds out there in Kilcohan Is That " the helicoptor and search was for a missing patient for St Otterian's but as they were searching the fields and open ground at the back of some houses they found some so called bomb making equipment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i heard this poor lad was taken from the river on friday. r.i.p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

im up on carricphierish rd the helicopter was flying just over my house for good while this morning, ? i did hear of a man sat night trying to go in river i think they got him out to hospital..

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

jo06555 wrote: »
    im up on carricphierish rd the helicopter was flying just over my house for good while this morning, ? i did hear of a man sat night trying to go in river i think they got him out to hospital..

I heard it for ages in Summerhill Terrace this morning.

Advertisement