Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benro tripod

• 19-01-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

I noticed a shot here and someone was using a Benro tripod. I am looking to replace my 055pro as two of the clamps shattered in the cold. Someone recommended a benro carbon fibre one to me and the price looks good. I was wondering what it is like hand on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I noticed a shot here and someone was using a Benro tripod. I am looking to replace my 055pro as two of the clamps shattered in the cold. Someone recommended a benro carbon fibre one to me and the price looks good. I was wondering what it is like hand on.

can you not replace the clamps ? The 055 is a great tripod..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I have looked for the parts but I am not having much joy, I guess I have lost confidence in it now as well. I was stunned at how easy the pieces shatttered quite litterly like glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Do you mean Benbo?

I have a Benbo 1 and it is superb. I don't think Benbo make a carbon model, so perhaps it was a different make you were referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Giottos have carbon legged tripod. I find them great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Wow, that is cutting it pretty close namewise.

I expect the self same Chinese manufacturers will soon have a sister brand called Gitso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

This is the one I am looking at http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1018&message=17891120. it may the newer version.
    It gets good reviews on a lot of forums. They are supposed to be copies of the Gitzo. Gitzo were going to use benro to make their legs and the deal fell through so in good old chinese fashion they copied them and produced there own.

Advertisement