Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby Forum

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the rugby forum for apparent 'trolling' without any examples of these posts. I pm'd Ruggiebear to ask him to elaborate but having looked over ALL of my posts for the last week there is not ONE post that can even remotely be considered trolling.

I am being targetted by the mods of the rugby forum and I don't think its fair.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I was banned from the rugby forum for apparent 'trolling' without any examples of these posts. I pm'd Ruggiebear to ask him to elaborate but having looked over ALL of my posts for the last week there is not ONE post that can even remotely be considered trolling.

I am being targetted by the mods of the rugby forum and I don't think its fair.
    Have you talked to the category moderators, as per the Dispute resolution procedure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Have you talked to the category moderators, as per the Dispute resolution procedure?

I have PM'd Sparks awaiting response.

Just as an update RuggieBear has PM'd me stating that the reason for my one month ban was that apparently I dragged up a users old post to take a 'potshot' at him. Which is simply untrue.

I brought up an old thread when debating with a different user what was the general opinion of forum users last year on a certain matter and came across a funny post from a regular member there. At the end of my posts I wrote as an aside, look at Thomand2006's post back then along with a smiley face. I was not taking a 'pot shot' as Thomand2006 wasn't even involved in the thread it was simply a bit of light hearted humour (I even made this abundantly clear in mypost) I stated it was simply a joke and Thomand2006 himself even replied in good jest with the following comments
    I wouldn't take my post seriously there, I was an eejit back then.

Spoiler: Awaiting cries of "You still are mate". ;)

The reactions were priceless.

Another user made this point
    Ah its fairly funny though! Im sure thomond would agree!

Thomand2006 responded
    Yeah, looking back, it was pretty hilarious. Ye really took me to the cleaners

Now I dont think any reasonable person would see this instance of trolling on my part worthy of a one month ban. It was a bit of light hearted humour that thomand2006 himself admitted to seeing the funny side and even himself stated it was a very silly post.

I just really feel victimised here by the mods. This just screams of trying to jump on any opportunity to have me banned. This ridiculous banning along with the nasty PM I recieved from Toomevara are really starting to make the forum very uncomfortable for me. I do state opinions that most do not agree with and I tend to stick by those opinions but I rarely step over the line and even when I am perceived to have done so it is usually instances like the above which no reasonable person would expect a banning for.

Just an update I have still not received a reply from the Cmod on this issue.

I am hoping an admin can step in on this now as I have still yet to recieve a reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement