Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent passport question

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Folks,

My passport is due to expire in June. I plan to travel to Oz and NZ for one month beginning in February. Could this be an issue? I am aware of some countries that require 6months remaining on your passport.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭themacman

the plot thickens...

Must I also apply in advance for a holiday visa? I assumed I would just get stamped on the way in :mad: Does this visa involve a medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

themacman wrote: »
    Folks,

My passport is due to expire in June. I plan to travel to Oz and NZ for one month beginning in February. Could this be an issue? I am aware of some countries that require 6months remaining on your passport.

Thanks

Edit, maybe not

http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Australia/Visa
    Entry requirements for Irish nationals: Irish nationals must have a passport valid for the intended period of stay. Visa required, except for those with Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭themacman

any more thoughts folks? is the website quoted reliable? im getting conflicting opinions all over the place.

also on my second question, some sites seem to charge for a holiday visa and others dont, all seems a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭603304529

You can buy a electronic travel authority for about 25 pounds stg I think.

We did it in Heathrow last year - the airline was able to do it for us.

Looks like this link could help: http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Advertisement