Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website - some basic queries about design etc.

Options
  • 19-01-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've "volunteered" to set up a website for an artist friend and thought it wise to ask a few simple questions before rather than after the event!

The site doesn't need to be complex but needs a few information pages, a gallery page for samples of previous work, and a contact page with a form to complete that the user can include attachments if needed.

I have some experience of Dreamweaver and intend to use that for development and maintenance - OK?

Are the various sites that offer site templates a good idea, I've seen some suitable templates for around €50 that could be easily modified to suit. If €50 saves me a few hours work then it seems money well spent, unless I'm missing something of course.

Whats the general opinion on javascript within a site, such as in this Templatemonster.com site, the animated gallery element in this is appealing.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

that gallery is called space gallery and is availible here
    http://www.eyecon.ro/spacegallery/#about

its actually quite a nice gallery, think ill use it at some stage, cheers op!
    If you like a particular template its quite easy to get the layout and customise it yourself

Advertisement