Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC overcharging?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Quick question,

My UPC bill is supposed to be €38.00 monthly. Checking back through the bills though, they're actually charging me €38.01 monthly.

Don't know where the extra 1c comes from, presumably an issue with their billing calculation. Anyhoot..

Should I wish to leave UPC before my contract end date, can I use this as a way to get out without penalty? Saying that they've been overcharging me and so in breach of contract?

Just asking.. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagine they have a clause in their T&C's that you should notify them of any billing problems.....have you?

UPC would be in a better place to answer your billing question then somebody on boards.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Highly doutful as they are likely to offer you a refund and that it would not be considered big enough breach for you to be allowed to cancel your services.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Right you are Nody. Just thinking out loud really.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Could be something to do with the VAT change, they mightn't have been able to calculate the exact amount with the base price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Quick question,

My UPC bill is supposed to be €38.00 monthly. Checking back through the bills though, they're actually charging me €38.01 monthly.

Don't know where the extra 1c comes from, presumably an issue with their billing calculation. Anyhoot..

Should I wish to leave UPC before my contract end date, can I use this as a way to get out without penalty? Saying that they've been overcharging me and so in breach of contract?

Just asking.. :)

I'm in the same situation as you, my bill is supposed to be E38 per month but I'm being charged E38.01.

If you ever do find out what the extra cent is for, let me know as I'm curious aswsell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement