Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you able to go to the Guinness Skybar for free (Skip the tour)

Options
  • 19-01-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

As the title says, some friends are doing the tour today and I want to meet them later on as I've done the tour before. Anyone know if you're allowed just go straight up to the skybar?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I don't think so, would love to do this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Darn, it's such a great spot for a drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

crushproof wrote: »
    Darn, it's such a great spot for a drink!

I paid €11 for a ticket to the Storehouse which includes a complimentary pint of Guinness in the Skybar.

The €11 price was a student discount + 10% online discount. They never asked me for a student card while collecting from the machine ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

the two times i went they gave a free entry that was valid for a year so if they do that its a bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sure the skybar doesnt even take cash! Its not really a bar at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

But bar staff are usually sound and give you free drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

It certainly did the two times I was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It certainly did the two times I was in it.
    It was a bar but they had to change it because people were spending too long up there and hence was getting too busy. So now you can't buy anything, only exchange your tour ticket for a pint/soft drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Seifer wrote: »
    It was a bar but they had to change it because people were spending too long up there and hence was getting too busy. So now you can't buy anything, only exchange your tour ticket for a pint/soft drink.

Yeah that's how it was when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

If you have a Ambassador Card (they gave them for free this year to people that been there before) you get in for free - if you're together with someone who pays the full price...
    As far as I know that's the only way to get in for free - unless you know someone I suppose:rolleyes:. But due to the fact that you can't buy in the bar anymore this is probably obsolete for you anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

Cheers for all the responses! Didn't go in the end anyway, went to the Jameson distillaery instead, much better tour in my opinion! Plenty of whiskey samples!

Advertisement