Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good gym close to forester hotel ?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'll be in galway this weekend and wondering if someone could recommend a pay as you use gym close to the forester hotel ?

I'll need to use it saturday and sunday and mostly doing cardio work.

Thanks for all the help.

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Try ringing the Radisson just around the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

NRG is just up the road too in Bohermore. Not sure if they do by the day but they are friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You probably mean www.forstercourthotel.com OP. As said above Radisson is closest. The fees etc are here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Radisson gym is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jayoo wrote: »
    Radisson gym is a joke
    What do you suggest instead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

sure go have a look anyway, might suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

Magnus wrote: »
    You probably mean www.forstercourthotel.com OP. As said above Radisson is closest. The fees etc are here

yeah thats the hotel all right, I'll have a quick look at the raddison.

Thanks for all the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

I would first check the nuig kingfisher public hours, if they suit then its a good choice for cardio.

Weekends the opening hours are 9-6 but there are certain hours for public use. Weekends are always nice and quiet in this gym. To get there i would walk to eyre square and take the newcastle or rahoon bus, or else walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I would first check the nuig kingfisher public hours, if they suit then its a good choice for cardio.

In case you do want to go there, an interactive campus map of NUIG is here (choose Buildings / Sports Centre). Bus timetables and route maps linked to from here.

Radisson is vastly closer, the only issue would be whether they do pay-as-you-go (for someone with the mindset to make the best of whatever equipment there is).

NRG Bohermore is easy walking distance (10-15 mins depending on speed) - it's in the apartment complex down the road from the cemetery entrance at number 1 on this map.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Having been to both Gyms, I recommended NRG over Raddisson, for staff, equipment, accessible classes etc. Raddisson is closest, NRG 10 mins walk as JM said. NRG also likely to be a LOT cheaper, if you go by yearly rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

Thanks all, I have been onto the radisson and they charge €15 per day ?

I'll check out that other gym as well, sounds good.

Thanks again for all your help.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Radisson gym is a joke
    Could you explain exactly what you felt the Radisson lacked, in your opinion.

I was a member there and didn't find anything wrong with it.

Advertisement