Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet icon

• 19-01-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Internet icon will not open internet, instead it displays internet properties only.
    Ive recently had the laptop cleand by a person, he may have taken windows-I-explorer off of the laptop? But im confused because my o2 broadband opens w-i-exp automatically.Its only when i try use the laptop for internet with clearwire that i can't.
    Is there anything i can do to check if my laptop still has windows explorer and would this be the problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Check in the Start menu > All programs for Internet Explorer, or an alternate browser like Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Do you mean Internet explorer as opposed to 'Windows explorer' ?

Try opening it from the start menu, it sounds like our shortcut (Icon) is pointing to the wrong place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RED QUEEN

sorry, there is no icon on the main screen,ive spoted no alternite browser anywhere the internet icon in the start menu is the only one.em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 RED QUEEN

ah bingo guys went to all programs and spotted windows update, that has brougth up windows i explorer,how do i get an icon on the desktop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You can either follow the instructions in the first picture (IE.jpg) or change the target in the properties window to: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Include the " It's not for effect.

Or you can go here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
    and download Firefox. Click the first one. It has the proper spellings. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=103159&stc=1&d=1263931570

• Advertisement
Advertisement