Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser CX 300/500

Options
  • 19-01-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

Unfortunatley my eaphones gave up today so looking for the best price for these earphones. Also anyone that has them is the newer model of 300's much better than the old to justify the increase in price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone bought from these before. They legit? As theres loads of fake sennheisers about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone bought from these before. They legit? As theres loads of fake sennheisers about.

I bought a pair of SennHeiser CX400 II from them 4 months ago.
    They just broke recently (Volume now only 20% of what it should be)
    E-mailed them last night about the 1 year warranty.
    No response (yet), although they may be on different timezones despite the website saying Ireland.

So, I'm reserving my judgement until they get back to me.
    But I had a pair of "Koss the plug" earphones that lasted 2.5 years, those Sennheiser didn't last 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

I got cx300-II from 7dayshop, postage is about £stg5.99 but you can add to the order to spread the cost.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=7&type=7030&man=178&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

I find them to be much the same as cx300. Perhaps a little more balanced and less boomy than cx300

How is the sound quality on those Koss? As fgood as a working pair of CX300?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Slunk wrote: »
    How is the sound quality on those Koss? As fgood as a working pair of CX300?

I think the Sennheiser sounds a bit clearer/cleaner, but I'm going to get another pair of the Koss ( "the plug" / "spark plug" ) phones.
    They had good enough bass and I really liked the comfort of the memory foam which you can squeeze tight, wedge into your ear and it slowly expands to fit perfectly. (in a second or two )
    Also, they lasted 2.5 years of commuting abuse twice a day.

Might give them koss a go. Cheap enough on amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Check out the Meelectronics Ai-M9, much better than the CX300s.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64113375#post64113375

Advertisement