Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If sessions are disabled in VBscript?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,
    I'm building a social network and it's using sessions in VBscript. I'm just wondering if anyone can direct me to some sort of script that will test if the browser has sessions enabled or not and then send the user to a different page if the sessions are not enabled in the browser?

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

IIRC sessions are a server side feature, but to work they require cookies to be enabled on the client side, so that's what you need to test for. There's lots of example out there if you search for "test browser cookie enabled" or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You would be better off porting this to .NET being very honest.

Session management is a bit easier in .NET with the different session providers to the point you can use databases to handle it and also viewstate if you dont want to use sessions at all..

VBScript (and by extension Classic ASP) would be too weak for this...

Advertisement