Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Tilt 'Rush' Poker

Options
  • 19-01-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Anybody doenloaded the new FT software and played this yet?

I just had an hour session & thought it was good with no waiting around and straight into hands.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A few good points brought up on 2+2 that it's actually a terrible idea as fish can tighten up a bit knowing that if they fold they get a chance to play a hand straight away rather then having to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

so tm2204 = fish then?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Its being discussed in the BBV atm

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

mickc wrote: »
    so tm2204 = fish then?? :D

Quadrupled my buyin in less than an hour so I'll keep 'fishing' TYVM..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Yeah, I'm up a BI after 5 hands... Still don't like it.

• Advertisement

Also, does this mean that the amount of players playing ring games will drop?
    If so, really bad move on FTPs part.

Another triple up on my buyin sfter 27 hands :eek:

tm2204 wrote: »
    Another triple up on my buyin sfter 27 hands :eek:

LOL, and just blew it all; my KK into AA.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I think its pure class. Great fun> It's also a great update from FTP. The increase in the min buyin is a great addition especially now that the min buyin at HU is also 35bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I also noticed that you can get really deep against some players as well and very few short stacks

• Advertisement

great for hit and running...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

just reading the thread on twoplustwo on this. Starts out everybody hating it, by the end everybody is loving it.

I'll give it a go later. I am going to join up FT anyway, so this should make it real easy to clear the bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Full Tilt are so far ahead of the curve here that its just simply frightening. Also it is patent pending meaning that if you want to play rush poker you are going to have to play on Full Tilt. We cant even design hole cards properly and these guys are landing on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

We cant even design hole cards properly and these guys are landing on the moon.

That's NASA AFAIK.

Full Tilt are so far ahead of the curve here that its just simply frightening. Also it is patent pending meaning that if you want to play rush poker you are going to have to play on Full Tilt. We cant even design hole cards properly and these guys are landing on the moon.

yep, someone is going to be getting a serious bonus at FTP this year. Even if it is just a bit of a fad, it's going to bring a ton of new players to the tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

Irish Iron wrote: »
    What is it?

its mad
    blew 20 bucks on it last night while waiting for my tournie to start:D

its a bit like multi tabling but it isn't
    your avatar keeps jumping from one table to the next as soon as you finish your action at the current table no waiting for hands that you are not in to finish playing and then just to speed it up a bit more there is another button that allows you to fold early(without the rest of the table knowing)so you can move on to the next hand.

much better than multitabling imo. only thing is pt3 couldn't keep up with the action played 160 hands in about 15mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TigersBunker

Yet to try it, but must be very hard to get a read on any opponent or even know who they are,if you auto fold and move on. Your stats for this type of game are surely not worth entering into tracker software!? Could it even track, as only the hands that reach showdown will be recorded..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

raketacular!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I imagine it'll discourage fish but be heaven for RB grinding nits, which means the ring games should get better as a result if nothing else

Yet to try it, but must be very hard to get a read on any opponent or even know who they are,if you auto fold and move on. Your stats for this type of game are surely not worth entering into tracker software!? Could it even track, as only the hands that reach showdown will be recorded..

It's impossible to take notes or read notes. things happening too fast.

Yes, tracker will record all hands, even if you don't finish out at that table.

Slash/ED wrote: »
    I imagine it'll discourage fish but be heaven for RB grinding nits, which means the ring games should get better as a result if nothing else

Why would it discourage fish? The general consensus is that it would be taking all the fish from the normal games.

Well, gave it a go there.

Played it for less than half an hour. Put in 550 hands and am down 6 buy ins. (25NL).

It's friggin nuts. I ran set into higher set 3 times. Got sucked out with set of Jacks to overpair and ran KK into A10 on a 10 high board.

It really is crazy. Going to drop down to 10NL to get the hang of it. Not really sure what the optimal strategy is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

excuse my ignorance; what is this and how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

**** that! i'm not playing it if it's rigged!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

excuse my ignorance; what is this and how does it work?

instead of sitting at a single table, you're part of a pool of players spread across multiple tables. as soon as you fold on your current table you're whisked off to another table to play another hand so you're in continous action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

sounds crazy, I'll give this a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

jimbling wrote: »
    Why would it discourage fish? The general consensus is that it would be taking all the fish from the normal games.

Just can't imagine they'll enjoy the frantic nature of it, that's just a theory though I could be wrong. Fish are usually one tablers who log on for a bit of fun, I doubt they'll warm to the frantic action every few seconds aspect of it. They wouldn't see hands/hour as being something that'd even cross their mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

just played it there thats one crazy game and of course got loads of action picked my spots good and lost 4 buy ins while dominating AA V 77 lost on river kk V j9 jack high flop river nine and got flushed away twice
    but even still i think it was brilliant for a quick game when you get beat at least youre not fuming and chasing after the player trying to get it back you'll never see them again and by the time you do youll have well forgotten about it anyway. if you play low stakes like i do for fun it is ideal

Advertisement