Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Tilt 'Rush' Poker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Just can't imagine they'll enjoy the frantic nature of it, that's just a theory though I could be wrong. Fish are usually one tablers who log on for a bit of fun, I doubt they'll warm to the frantic action every few seconds aspect of it. They wouldn't see hands/hour as being something that'd even cross their mind.

The reason fish play loads of hands is because they get bored sitting out waiting for the next hand to be dealt.

With rush tables, they can play one table. Every time they fold, they get shifted to another table and the hand begins immediately. No waiting around.
    Also, for the slightly higher level of fish( that does know about hem and hud but doesn't use them...and hates everyone that does) there is the added advantage of the regs not being able to use hud.

I dropped 10 buy ins in total at 25NL. No idea if it was bad play or what... it's too crazy for me.
    And not knowing anything about your opponents is just nuts. I suppose if you're playing long enough you will continue to meet the same characters. I know the same guy called to the river with FDs on me a few times.

Anyway, I suck at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i love it up $50 at .50-$1 even thou i did drop $20 last night at it:D think i might start playing cash instead of tournie for a while.

its nearly as good as thoose super turbo 300 chip satallite tournies:D another crazy invention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

I imagine fish will become a lot tighter in this game because of what Slash/ed said.

Will have to give her a spin though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TigersBunker

jimbling wrote: »
    Well, gave it a go there.

Played it for less than half an hour. Put in 550 hands and am down 6 buy ins. (25NL).

It's friggin nuts. I ran set into higher set 3 times. Got sucked out with set of Jacks to overpair and ran KK into A10 on a 10 high board.

It really is crazy. Going to drop down to 10NL to get the hang of it. Not really sure what the optimal strategy is.

With so many hands per minute surely playing premiums only (9 handed) would turn a healthy profit. Am i missing something, but with a different set of opponents every hand whats the point in getting tricky or including any marginal hands?

curehead wrote: »
    just played it there thats one crazy game and of course got loads of action picked my spots good and lost 4 buy ins while dominating AA V 77 lost on river kk V j9 jack high flop river nine and got flushed away twice
    but even still i think it was brilliant for a quick game when you get beat at least youre not fuming and chasing after the player trying to get it back you'll never see them again and by the time you do youll have well forgotten about it anyway. if you play low stakes like i do for fun it is ideal

Of course loads of action? I would argue the opposite and plr/flop averages over both (6max/FR) of 22.5% would suggest the same...

sorry misread GOT loads of action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

With so many hands per minute surely playing premiums only (9 handed) would turn a healthy profit. Am i missing something, but with a different set of opponents every hand whats the point in getting tricky or including any marginal hands?

Yeah but its a whole new level of premium hands i lost two buyins at 25NL QQ V AA and KK Vs AA. nothing but cold decks from what i seen

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

great for hit and running...

but how does this work?

for example in a normal game - you buy in, double up first hand and leave table and buy in to another table - banking your profit.

but with this you constantly moving around, so are you sayin that one could sit in, win a couple of buyin's and then start the process again without sittin out for a period of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The variance will be a bit worse as well. It will be interesting to see how players adapt without a hud.

should the variance should be lessened ? More hands played lessens the impact of variance on your winrate?

I played very straightforwardly last night for 500hands at 10nl, ran way below expectation, and still managed to be up 4 buyins.

Being super aggro in the blinds and playing only optimum hands otherwise apart from the occasional steal was a big call.

Its very funny clicking raise UTG and the entire table has clicked "quick fold" and it just goes straight to the BB.

IMO, its a brilliant step.

• Advertisement

Well, because you have guys calling preflop with atc adn hitting constantly. At this games the old adage is true for the premium hands. Win small, lose big.

I switched to 6-max and dropped to 10NL. Still down another 5BIs at that level, but man do I run bad. 4 or 5 times I got it in on the turn ahead only to lose.
    Not a game to play when you're not running well or tilting in anyway.

btw, there's guys on twoplustwo showing hand histories with these crazy preflop battles and getting it all in with crap. I haven't seen any of that.

Out of 3.1k hands played today, I was all in pre 3 times.

Another thing, I stopped auto-folding so much, and started opening from any position with almost ATC and CB 100%. With nobody watching, you take down the blinds a massive amount, and even when you get a caller or two your CB will take it down a lot.
    Any play back and you give up.

It was working quite well, but just fcked myself over a few times with hands into hands and getting sucked out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Ace2007 wrote: »
    but how does this work?

for example in a normal game - you buy in, double up first hand and leave table and buy in to another table - banking your profit.

but with this you constantly moving around, so are you sayin that one could sit in, win a couple of buyin's and then start the process again without sittin out for a period of time?

You buy in for the minimum, double up, leave and can immediately buy back in for the minimum.

Second run at the 25NL full ring games was much better.... got back 4 BIs.

Whatever about the mantra of never folding KK preflop in any game. I believe there is definitely times in this one where it is just. I ran KK into AA three times. Twice it was pretty obvious what he had and I could have folded.

I did fold QQ preflop quite a few times.

It's just amazing how fast you go through the hands if you really nit it up.... it really is amazing. Its going to be interesting to see how it continues and what the games will be like a week/month from now.

Whatever about the mantra of never folding KK preflop in any game. I believe there is definitely times in this one where it is just. I ran KK into AA three times. Twice it was pretty obvious what he had and I could have folded.

Cold 5 bet AI?
    Limp 3bet 5bet?

What actions? I'm just curious as to what you think "guarantees" AA? As I will start playing Junk like that vs good players.

Cold 5 bet AI?
    Limp 3bet 5bet?

What actions? I'm just curious as to what you think "guarantees" AA? As I will start playing Junk like that vs good players.

You're doing that in these games? even when majority of 3bet / 4bet ranges are only premium??
    And how do you know they are good players?

No I'm not doing it, I'm asking what the action was like in the hands that made you think you should fold KK.

I am playing incredibly aggressively from the blinds in the rush game, as in general, most players would assume that a 3bet from the SB vs an unknown is going to be a very strong hand. When the 3bets are getting called, I'm leading almost 100% of the time on A K or Q high flops. Its working so far at the lower limits, people aren't used to seeing aggression from SB/ BB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just checked it out there, are there no 0.01/0.02 games? :(

No I'm not doing it, I'm asking what the action was like in the hands that made you think you should fold KK.

I am playing incredibly aggressively from the blinds in the rush game, as in general, most players would assume that a 3bet from the SB vs an unknown is going to be a very strong hand. When the 3bets are getting called, I'm leading almost 100% of the time on A K or Q high flops. Its working so far at the lower limits, people aren't used to seeing aggression from SB/ BB.

Is this in full ring or 6 max?

I was definitely more profitable when I really tightened up pre flop. (in the full ring games...think you need to be aggressive in the 6 max games)

• Advertisement

I was definitely more profitable when I really tightened up pre flop. (in the full ring games...think you need to be aggressive in the 6 max games)

I agree tight must be right in these. I am (maybe nievely) believing any early position in full ring (3 spots) is a premium. I really can't see the logic in raising ATs, KQs etc when it's so much easier to fold and within 30 secs you have seen 5 more hands potentially in a better position and more powerful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Another great Irish poker invention!

Tried it, loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Just played this for a while there, how are the blinds worked? The button seemed random, thats hardly right?

6max is all I play other than tournies.

Don't forget though, with everyone else nitting it up, suited connectors, suited one gappers etc are doing well vs everyone's ranges, especially in position.

Let them nit it up pre flop, outplay them post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 klaster

eddiehead wrote: »
    Just played this for a while there, how are the blinds worked? The button seemed random, thats hardly right?

They take the time it takes since you last posted compared to everyone else at the table and put it in order. So longest to last post is BB, shortest is Small Blind, next shortest BTN etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

****in Amazing idea imo

ah fck this..im running too bad. Another 7 BIs below my EV line. Set against two pair lost twice for me in the last ten minutes.

You do get in an amazing amount of hands. I've put in 6.5k hands today. Don't even feel like I played that much. Now if only I good run somewhat okay.

Oh, and btw, ran KK into AA another two times as well. Honestly, every time someone looked like they wanted to get it all in pre, it was AA.
    Thats 5 times today. Not once have I had AA vs KK. I did have AA vs QQ at one stage, and amazingly it held up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭colquhom

ah fck this..im running too bad. Another 7 BIs below my EV line. Set against two pair lost twice for me in the last ten minutes.

You do get in an amazing amount of hands. I've put in 6.5k hands today. Don't even feel like I played that much. Now if only I good run somewhat okay.

Oh, and btw, ran KK into AA another two times as well. Honestly, every time someone looked like they wanted to get it all in pre, it was AA.
    Thats 5 times today. Not once have I had AA vs KK. I did have AA vs QQ at one stage, and amazingly it held up.

how many tables were u playing to get that many hands in and for how long? Christ this sounds incredible.

colquhom wrote: »
    how many tables were u playing to get that many hands in and for how long? Christ this sounds incredible.

1 table = ~ 260 hands an hour for me so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Anyone else finding this seriously addictive? I haven't felt such an unawareness(is that a word?) of time, since playing pac-man in the 1980s.

Advertisement