Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Tilt 'Rush' Poker

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Grafter wrote: »
    The big blind is the person who has gone the most hands since they last posted it and all other seats are random, so you could be the button or the small blind several times in a row, for example, but not the big blind.

ahh i see. Might give this a go so. Sounds interesting. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

271 hands in 30 horrible minutes.
    Reminded me of some of the worst jobs I've had.
    My brain turned to complete mush, I ended up folding pocket pairs 3 times just because I was getting carpal tunnel of the brain.

hello.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    271 hands in 30 horrible minutes.
    Reminded me of some of the worst jobs I've had.

550 hph is at the lower end of intensive multitabling tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

anyone else think these would be better with antes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

Not a fan at all of this. I ran horrifically when I gave it a shot so this may have coloured my opinion of it but as far as I can see it just causes the fish to become massive nits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zuutroy wrote: »
    550 hph is at the lower end of intensive multitabling tbh

It's not the amount of hands, I'd rather multi table.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

DáireM wrote: »
    Not a fan at all of this. I ran horrifically when I gave it a shot so this may have coloured my opinion of it but as far as I can see it just causes the fish to become massive nits.

na i won't change :)

from that video that was posted, yer man put in 11k hands in a day - fairly impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Just tried the omaha version, and strangely enough it feels far more like poker (whereas the HM feels more like a slot machine). Still donated a couple of buyins in a very short space of time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Finally had some winning sessions in Rush.
    My main mistake was playing full ring instead of 6-max. I haven't played full ring cash since 05. Thought I could play really tight and maximise profits on the AA/KK hands, but that just didnt work for me...
    Back to 6-max, back to winning ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

jimbling wrote: »
    Finally had some winning sessions in Rush.
    My main mistake was playing full ring instead of 6-max. I haven't played full ring cash since 05. Thought I could play really tight and maximise profits on the AA/KK hands, but that just didnt work for me...
    Back to 6-max, back to winning ways.

try the omaha its insane :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

It can't be that hard ..... Hal Lubarsky's multi-tabling

dear god. The days work out the window. Dropped 6 BIs in the last 10 minutes on 100NL rush.
    Some of the hands are just ridiculous. Lost a flopped house to quads twice.

21k hands in total at this malarkey, and it;s still crazy as... if I could only run well. I'm down $700.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Almost had a seizure the first time I played it. Played a few times since then and quite enjoyed it. Seems very soft from my limited play.

HM update for Rush poker. Exports stats and notes to FTP notes file. Extremely handy. Now pays to review your sessions and take notes within HM so you have them for the next session.

This will likely change the games quite a bit and some value will definitely be lost, but personally I am pretty happy to have some sort of information when faced with tough decisions.

Just ran a quick test there. It only gives you the basic stats.
    example:

VPIP: 16 PFR: 13 STL: 24 3BT: 6
    AGGF: 3.80 CBET: 67 F2CBET: 50 Hands: 271

Obviously you can't get the big popup with positional stats, which I would miss greatly. And for some reason it doesn't include WTSD as a basic stat. There's a few others that could be useful too.
    But if its a regular player you can write the notes yourself after a session. All in all, pretty good.

Started using TableNinjaFT the other day. Fantastic product and I dont think multi-tabling Rush is possible without it....at least not for any length of time.

It has one downside though. The accidental fold.
    Just did a quick HM filter there of times I have had AA/KK/QQ/AK and have folded pre flop. 24 times...lol, that's not +EV.

Are any of ye actually playing this? I seem to be the only one posting here :D

I'm fascinated by it. I have now put in 32k hands in a week. That would normally take me approx two months. I've put in a few longer sessions due to the novelty of it, but it's still pretty amazing.

I'm still recovering from the initial bad run. Running -4bb\100 over the 32k, which is obviously bad, but I was like -28bb\100 over the first 20k hands.

I have actually started ratholing at 50NL to try and reduce the variance (as I only had my initial $600 deposit on FT, and I didnt want to deposit more). I am buying in for 60% and going south when I get over 120%.
    It's a bit ghey, I know, but it seems to be working for me right now. It has a surprising number of benefits to be honest, but obviously I will be full stacking again once my FT bankroll builds up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

jimbling wrote: »
    Are any of ye actually playing this? I seem to be the only one posting here :D

I'm fascinated by it. I have now put in 32k hands in a week. That would normally take me approx two months. I've put in a few longer sessions due to the novelty of it, but it's still pretty amazing.

I'm still recovering from the initial bad run. Running -4bb\100 over the 32k, which is obviously bad, but I was like -28bb\100 over the first 20k hands.

I have actually started ratholing at 50NL to try and reduce the variance (as I only had my initial $600 deposit on FT, and I didnt want to deposit more). I am buying in for 60% and going south when I get over 120%.
    It's a bit ghey, I know, but it seems to be working for me right now. It has a surprising number of benefits to be honest, but obviously I will be full stacking again once my FT bankroll builds up a bit.

Haven't played much yet, but intend to play a lot this weekend.

I've been enjoying your posts, please continue with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

I dont suppose this is the idea some boardsie had last year!?!?

It seems unlikely to me, but you're the second person to mention that.

Firstly we probably would have heard more about it recently on this board if someone here had come up with it.
    Also, Pokerstars have come out and said they were offered Rush Poker 3 years ago and declined. So it's been around longer than you might think.

• Advertisement

Last night I had my first session of Rush poker where my Winnings were above my EV line. Only by 2 BIs mind you, but still pretty happy. Fist time I ran well in 4 weeks.

Then in 10 minutes today that all went to ****e. These two hands happened in the space of 20 seconds on the same table.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($71.30)
    UTG ($50)
    MP ($50)
    CO ($39.25)
    Hero (Button) ($41.85)
    SB ($131.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif
    UTG bets $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises $4.25, SB calls $4, BB calls $3.75, UTG calls $2.75

Flop: ($17) 5club.gif, Qheart.gif, 9heart.gif(4 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $12, 1 fold, BB calls $12, 1 fold

Turn: ($41) 3club.gif(2 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets $25.60 (All-In), BB calls $25.60

River: ($92.20) Qspade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $92.20

Results:
    Hero had Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif (two pair, Aces and Queens).
    BB had Qdiamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif (three of a kind, Queens).
    Outcome: BB won $89.20

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($67.10)
    SB ($357.95)
    BB ($30.55)
    Hero (UTG) ($30)
    MP ($52.25)
    CO ($59.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif
    Hero bets $1.50, 2 folds, Button raises $5.25, 2 folds, Hero raises $28.50 (All-In), Button calls $24.75

Flop: ($60.75) 3spade.gif, 6diamond.gif, Jspade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($60.75) 2spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($60.75) 8club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $60.75

Results:
    Button had Aspade.gif, Kspade.gif (flush, Ace high).
    Hero had Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif (one pair, Aces).
    Outcome: Button won $57.75

Yeehaaa...... about time :)

MP ($95)
    CO ($43.10)
    Button ($50)
    Hero (SB) ($59)
    BB ($20.25)
    UTG ($109.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Kspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif
    UTG bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises $5, 1 fold, UTG raises $7.50, 1 fold, Hero raises $53.75 (All-In), UTG calls $50

Flop: ($120) 9club.gif, 3club.gif, Kclub.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($120) 8club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($120) 4diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $120

Results:
    Hero had Kspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif (three of a kind, Kings).
    UTG had Aspade.gif, Aheart.gif (one pair, Aces).
    Outcome: Hero won $117

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

2+2 over a year ago... Also, I remember it being talk about before that too.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/15/poker-theory/if-every-hand-against-unknown-394302/#post8312358

Advertisement