Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Mondeo

• 19-01-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

I bought a 07 Ford Mondeo (not the newer version) and the car has a phone cradle on the right hand side of the steering wheel which is connected to the stereo speakers. My phone doesn't fit in the cradle so does anyone know if this can be used via my phone's bluetooth or do I just buy a new cradle suitable for my phone?
    There is nothing in the car to activate blue tooth.

All replies appreciated
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does it have NOKIA or anything written on it?

post a pic if you can.

Also what phone do you have now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

You need to get a handset to suit the carkit, if not a bluetooth kit. i.e. Nokia phone for Nokia carkit. You might also need to change the cradle to suit the phone. If you go into a phone shop they might be able to match a hand set to the cradle in the car already. The cradle is easy to change, so don't pay some guy 60 to do a job you could do yourself in 5 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

I was wondering something similar. Since a phone cradle is connected throught the radio/speakers/microphone, is there something that will replace the actual cradle to provide bluetooh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

No there's no writing anywhere. The stereo in the car has a phone button but when you press it it just mutes the radio.
    I have a Nokia 2730 and My husband has a Samsung Tocco as we both drive the car is it possible to work both our phones

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

It may (most likely) just be simple plastic cradle/stand to put phone.
    Car doesn't have anything build in like that. You need proper phone kit to be installed if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

i think it is...i have a nokia bluetooth handfree kit. my samsung phone doesnt fit into the cradle but i still use the handsfree function

I had just presumed We wold both need individual cradles for both our phones so we never bothered but today my husband was in his brother in laws car (06 BMW) and he has a similar set up in his car and his phone doesnt fit the cradle either but when he turns on his phones blue tooth it finds the blue tooth in the car and connects. His wife's phone does the same. So they can both use their own phones when driving.
    After seeing this we wondered if ours might work the same way but the phones blue tooth is not picking up any devices.

If it was just a cradle would it still be wired up to the speakers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Doesn't sound like a bluetooth kit tbh. take a pic if you can, but if you;re looking for a kit, parrot prob make the best ones.

http://www.parrotshopping.com/ie/p_parrot_item.aspx?i=112175

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Have a hunt around, follow the cables back from the cradle and try to find a box somewhere.
    Post up any info you can see on the box, or a pic of it.

If it's an aftermarket (ie not something that was integrated when as a factory option from the Ford) kit and there isn't a button somewhere on the dash or near the handbrake for answering/ending calls etc then it probably won't have bluetooth.

Parrot CK3000 Evolution looks like the cheapest option if you wanted a bluetooth kit that would come through the speakers.
    I have a Nokia CK-7W - basic and foolproof, bluetooth kit but the standard package uses one of those ugly extra speakers bolted onto your dash. Possible to put it through speakers with extra cables I think...

• Advertisement

You need to get a handset to suit the carkit, if not a bluetooth kit. i.e. Nokia phone for Nokia carkit. You might also need to change the cradle to suit the phone. If you go into a phone shop they might be able to match a hand set to the cradle in the car already. The cradle is easy to change, so don't pay some guy 60 to do a job you could do yourself in 5 minutes...

Some cradles have an aeriel wire that runs all the way back to the kit. can be tricky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it could be that you can unplug the cable from it and plug it direct into your phone...you can on my Nokia one....

I took a pic but I cant seem to post it. When I paste the URL in the box no picture comes up.

just post the url.

CarPic1.jpg?t=1263924011CarPic2.jpg?t=1263924102

Thats a Nokia CK-7W. AFAIK, you can get a bluetooth attachment for it, its a button on a lead that plugs into the back of the control module. look it up on the internet. Prob get it off Ebay.

looks like an old nokia handsfree without Bluetooth. I'd just get a new system altogether as your future phones probably won't be compatible with this system.

A lot of times with company Mondeos/Avensises etc phone kits move from car to car with the driver, so the kit may be older than the car.

CK7W is a different system AFAIK.

Cheers Charlie , I'll do that
    And thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply !

How much would I be looking at for a new system Colm ?
    At the moment it's not a priority.

The afforementioned CK7W is the cheapest good-quality kit. shouldn't be too hard to wire up given that there's an install already in the car.

Check the model number of your existing kit on the back of the control unit (buried in the dash somewhere) before doing anything though.

The bluetooth button for the CK7W is called a CU7, but it doesn't actually upgrade an older type unit to bluetooth

• Advertisement

Does that involve removing the front of the dash

Its normally up under the dash, either on the driver or passenger side. no need to take it apart.

If I do all that will it only work for Nokia phones ?

Karen23 wrote: »
    If I do all that will it only work for Nokia phones ?
    should work with any bluetooth enabled phone

If you have Bluetooth then any brand of phone should work. If not then you're stuck with buying Nokias (until they stop making cradles compatible with your kit)

Best to check what kit you have, there may be an instruction manual in the glovebox.

Thanks for all your help !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

That looks like a CK126 which is not bluetooth compatiable and a pretty old kit at this stage your best bet would be to upgrade the whole kit to a parrot carkit

futurec wrote: »
    That looks like a CK126 which is not bluetooth compatiable and a pretty old kit at this stage your best bet would be to upgrade the whole kit to a parrot carkit

Or something like a Nokia CK600 would also be nice.

Nokia CK600 is not a bad kit but i would recommend the parrot all the time

• Advertisement

not the Parrot CK3100 anyway. we had huge issues with them.

I figure a CK600 or CK7W would be an easy DIY ebay job as the wiring is all the same colours as the kit already installed.

I supply and fit anywhere between 200/250 Parrot Ck3100 per month and they definetly have less problems than the CK7W or CK600 that said the Nokia CK100 is a really good kit

we must've gotten a bad batch of 3100s or else our fitters are monkeys - or both!

I love the way you can upgrade software etc, but we were sending back about 1 in 4 of them for dodgy LCD's, units freezing and dropping calls.

What problems are common on CK7W? presume not kit being visible to Bluetooth phones was one?

Is the CK100 the one that looks like a colour-changing flying saucer/nipple on the dash?

Not getting any of those problems and never had any dodgy screens yeah thats the ck100 great kit and no call backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

futurec wrote: »
    Not getting any of those problems and never had any dodgy screens yeah thats the ck100 great kit and no call backs

Wish I could say the same of my CK3100. Will not upgrade via bluetooth at all (pretty sure it is related to the bluetooth stack I am using). Constantly drops comms and loads of feedback. I am not the only one in the company complaining about them.

OP, if you are going to stick to nokias then buy a nokia kit. They work flawlessly with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Damien360 wrote: »
    OP, if you are going to stick to nokias then buy a nokia kit. They work flawlessly with them.
    My Nokia CK-7W works perfectly 95% of the time with my Sony Ericsson phone.
    The other 5% it's a matter of turning off bluetooth on the phone and turning it on again. It doesn't import any contacts or anything from the phone like other kits do, but to be honest I prefer low-tech solutions, less stuff to give trouble.

I'll be putting in a Parrot CK3000 Evo next week sometime for a friend, looks like a doddle to fit once you have the right cable for your car make.

Damien360 - if you're talking about the bluetooth stack on your laptop/pc, I had all sorts of trouble getting the right bluetooth stack to talk to my phones in the past. That was on Windows 2000, when I had to install the drivers. I took the same usb BT dongle and plugged it into an XP machine and it picked it up no problem and used some generic Microsoft driver/stack and worked perfectly ever since... (maybe it was vista rather than xp it worked on, bit hazy now)

• Advertisement
Advertisement