Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMT: Persona 3 FES

Options
  • 19-01-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

I just dusted it off after over year of it sitting around unfinished, and for some reason I love it more now than I did then. I think more than anything, I love the music. It bothered me at first, but now I find it infectious as hell and when I'm not playing it, I'm humming the school theme. The social link system is great, and a lot of the characters you meet have really interesting stories - I just linked with Maiko, the girl at the shrine whom I missed during my first play through, and I like her character already.

So yeah, I'm really loving this game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

p3p_faithful_announcement_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

Yeah, I heard about that. Ain't got a PSP, though that's just one more reason why I really should get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It would be good on portable but the extras (and the stupid removal of the Answer) mean I can't see any point in buying this since I have FES.

Haven't played P3 for a week or two now. Need to get back to it, DS and PES: BAL are too stressful and putting me in foul moods.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To be honest the Answer really isn't really worth it. It's too hard to be any fun and the lack of social links means levelling up personas is an absolute chore. The guys on HG101 are telling me not to bother with it because the pay off isn't worth it and tbh P3 had a nicely wrapped up ending anyway.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    To be honest the Answer really isn't really worth it. It's too hard to be any fun and the lack of social links means levelling up personas is an absolute chore. The guys on HG101 are telling me not to bother with it because the pay off isn't worth it and tbh P3 had a nicely wrapped up ending anyway.

You haven't tried it then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No I did try it but it was really annoying me and I wasn't having any fun. Got to past the third boss and decided to play Persona 4 in between it to keep me sane. As you can imagine Persona 4 was a lot better and it totally took over.

There's just some really annoying things in the answer. I mentioned the lack of social links. another thing is that you can't get your health and SP back before a boss so if you want to take one on you have to go through about 10 floors trying not to hit enemies after you have done your levelling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dragons Revenge

No I did try it but it was really annoying me and I wasn't having any fun. Got to past the third boss and decided to play Persona 4 in between it to keep me sane. As you can imagine Persona 4 was a lot better and it totally took over.

There's just some really annoying things in the answer. I mentioned the lack of social links. another thing is that you can't get your health and SP back before a boss so if you want to take one on you have to go through about 10 floors trying not to hit enemies after you have done your levelling up.
    Heh, that doesn't sound like it's worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also think the Answer wasn't worth it - played for a while, but I couldn't get past the fact that all my once powerful characters were right back to square one. Like Retr0, the lure of Persona 4 was much more powerful.

Even without the Answer though, the game is astonishing. Plenty to like in the FES edition that wasn't in the original (Persona fused weapons, for example, which can give you a significant edge in battle if you can afford to resummon your Persona after). I think I heard the PSP version is sans-FES stuff.

Hit floor 90 today. 6 more Full moons to go.

It will probably kill you to hear that you aren't even halfway there yet :)

• Advertisement

It will probably kill you to hear that you aren't even halfway there yet :)

Yeah a little, hasn't been hard for a while though (in that I haven't died in a while). Been doing aalot of Elizabeth's requests so meant a little bit of grinding. Tbh though, that kind of balances it self out with the fact I usually fly through floors to get to the checkpoint first.

Is possible to kill death? Haven only enountered him when I get a floor full of rare forms (which is strange as I have spent far more time on other floors and not had him come - am guessing its just something to stop you harvesting all the rare forms on a floor) and didn't want to take him on.

Death will kick your ass at this stage of the game. I wouldn't take him on until the final stretch and even then he is tough. There is an easy way to kill him but even then you've got to be very careful. I killed him the normal way but it was an epic battle and there were plenty of close shaves. You'll need to kill him to open up a secret dungeon which helps loads with levelling up. I never got to the end of it but even the first 3 floors gave great items and were excellent for levelling up party members and personas within a few minutes. Also you should take elizabeths requests that require getting items off enemies before you journey through those floors because it will save you going back to do them. The items won't appear unless you are doing her request.

Advertisement