Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK, Irish podcasts?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend any decent UK or Irish videogame podcasts?

I listen to Citizen Game quite a bit, but haven't come across any other good ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

eurogamer have just re-started their podcast too
    also gamespot and talkradar both have uk podcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The only good one I found is One Life Left. Great radio show/podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Can anybody recommend any decent UK or Irish videogame podcasts?

I listen to Citizen Game quite a bit, but haven't come across any other good ones.

I used to listen to Citizen game alot too, but their massive (seemed massive) Hiatus really knocekd me out of the routine of listening to them. Have only listend to one "new" one.

Dennis is a regular boardsie poster(mod actually)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I considered doing one with a few lads on shoryuken.ie but time and other things stood in the way. May revive the idea as it's apparent there's demand for such a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not UK or Ireland but I've been enjoying giantbomb.com's stuff for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Yahtzee is all I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

+1 for One Life Left. Stopped listening to Citizen Game recently as I found I was skipping 20 minutes while they talked about Wii shovelware releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Rock Paper Shotgun have one. Production values aren't the best but they are worth a listen. [Link]

Citizen Game are neglecting their needy listeners, hoping they'll go away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Not UK or Irish, but I like BrainyGamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

MiCr0 wrote: »
    eurogamer have just re-started their podcast too
    Was going to mention that. Just released the second one today. Haven't gotten around to listen to it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You can always watch me playing wow if you're bored, see linky in sig. Not much of a podcast though, more of a live streaming session as I'm levelling the Druid in the Boards guild.
    I'll be keeping the live streaming going though for the guild raids when we've enough levelled and geared up to start them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone want to expand this to worldwide gaming podcasts?

4 Guys 1UP is an excellent general gaming podcast.
    1UP also have their Retronauts podcast for Retro fans. Its a bit dry though...
    Gamercast Network - I used to really like this, but its getting too surreal now. They're trying too hard to be funny.
    I also listen to One Life Left... already been mentioned.

For Xbox, IGN's Three Red Lights is good, and Major Nelson is worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone want to expand this to worldwide gaming podcasts?

4 Guys 1UP is an excellent general gaming podcast.

1UP also have their Retronauts podcast for Retro fans. Its a bit dry though...
    Gamercast Network - I used to really like this, but its getting too surreal now. They're trying too hard to be funny.
    I also listen to One Life Left... already been mentioned.

For Xbox, IGN's Three Red Lights is good, and Major Nelson is worth a listen.

I appreciate David Ellis' attempt to make a more thoughtful podcast with 4 Guys 1UP but, Jesus, I had to fast-forward through the first hour of one of the recent episodes. Asking his guest 'personal' questions, of limited interest to anyone but himself, became excruciating.

Giant Bombcast and Gamers With Jobs are my worldwide favourite gaming podcasts. GB recently had the most interesting Game of The Year episode. They came up with the best set of categories and reasoned out their decisions live. They also had a bunch of short episodes over the holiday with their humour award categories such as "best late title card" and "the (Nolan) Northies".

Gamers With Jobs podcast for a more thoughtful discussion of games than can be found elsewhere.

Rebel FM is good - some people may dismiss it as a bunch of lowest common denominator toilet humour, but is has more to offer than just that.

Supposedly non-gaming podcast Out of The Game, featuring N'Gai Croal, Shawn Elliott, Robert Ashley, Jeff Green is also great. I feckin' love Shawn Elliott but he seems to be a bit of a Marmite personality. Episodes are not what you would call 'regular', in fact it's been a good while since the most recent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Gamespot UK is the only podcast I listen to regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

xbox world 360 podcast is a regular listen along with citizengame when they can be arsed

Advertisement