Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile internet device

• 19-01-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I would like to know are there any devices out there designed specifically for mobile internet access? As in something the size of maybe a gameboy but no bigger which has reliable, cheap and user friendly access to the internet?

If such a thing does not exist then what is the best mobile for internet browsing. Again price, reliability and user friendlyness are factors to consider. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Maybe the nokia n900 would be the best option.

http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/ or also read the thread on the main page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Iphone, not really cheap though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Either is the nokia n900

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The iPhone's browser is really easy to use, and very slick, ive browsed the net on a few devices, i have a bold at the minute and the iPhone is by far and away the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Android Nexus One is also v. good for browsing, and will have Flash support later this year. Not cheap though :)

With any of the mobile devices you will probably need to be more concerned with the cost and limits of the data plans available to you, since they will probably add up to a lot more than the initial cost of the device before long.

If you're only going to use WiFi where available then the iPod Touch is also a viable option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OP perhaps you should give the max you are willing to spend in order for people to help more. All the phones suggested are perfect but are not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Ahem...when the op said 'cheap', I assumed he meant cheap in terms of data usage?!?

The iPhone and n900 have bloody data-hungry browsers...

But maybe I misinterpreted?

If not: get sth that can run opera mini or opera mobile with 'turbo'...

Advertisement