Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial App integration with Google Apps

Options
  • 19-01-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

I'm looking in to developing a service that will be able to work with existing data stored in a client's google apps account. I can technically access this data via the APIs that Google makes available, but I want to know is under the T&C's of Google Apps would I be legally able to release a commercial application that works with data stored in Google apps?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

While I haven't read the T&Cs of google apps I know you can release a commercial application. That's why they've developed the APIs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

Thanks for getting back to me. I remember getting an alert about the APIs some time ago, but instantly thought that it was just for open source GPL type projects. I didn't realise that we could write commercial extensions or apps that use the platform. Thank you for clearing that up.

Well that's a good start. The Google T&Cs will have to become bedtime reading for a while I'd say.

Advertisement