Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection btw dreams and imagination?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I rarely dream and have absolutely NO imagination.
    i'm 21 and as far as i remember.... I've only dreamt like 4 times, ever !
    By no imagination i mean ... if i was told to close my eyes and think of a lemon, nothing will show up. Just black. I cannot see images in my head.
    Is there a connection between dreaming and imagination ?
    I'm not complaining but just curious. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

jokerrus wrote: »
    I rarely dream and have absolutely NO imagination.
    i'm 21 and as far as i remember.... I've only dreamt like 4 times, ever !
    By no imagination i mean ... if i was told to close my eyes and think of a lemon, nothing will show up. Just black. I cannot see images in my head.
    Is there a connection between dreaming and imagination ?
    I'm not complaining but just curious. :)

Not being able to imagine images is not a sign of a bad imagination. I bet you can imagine sounds or imagine stroking a cat or imagine the sensations of driving a car. Also, you probably just don't remember your dreams. Most people have lots of dreams every night but can't remember any the next morning. That's pretty normal.

Every person thinks in either visual, audio or kinesthetic (touch) and most people combine two of the three. For instance, smells always trigger memories for me, but I'm weird. You probably don't think visually but combine the other senses. Nothing odd about it but people can look at you funny if you say 'I can't see anything in my head!' or 'Ah, I remember this smell!'

Advertisement