Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco EPC2425

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭Damien360

daveyjoe wrote: »

So, I'm pretty happy at the moment. Only thing I've noticed is that UPC seem to be capping torrents at about 200Kb/s in the evening (on 10Mb/s connection), is anybody else seeing this?.

No I was downloading at 450kb/s last night and last week I managed 800kb/s. All downloads after 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dublinarea

Daveyjoe you dont need to disable the firewall in the router.

All you need to do to get the web browsing and torrents working together is Disable IP FLOOD PROTECTION

simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Hi I am not sure if this is in the right thread but I got the new Cisco EPC2425 and the wireless is crap and the technician told it is because I got a Mac and he didnt know anything about Mac only that it is no good!!! in combination with the EPC2425. But still got an old SA modem, that worked perfect before together with a Netgear Wifi router. Can I clone the mac address from the EPC2425 to the SA so it will connect or is there another solution. Is it enough when I just plug the Netgear into the EPC2425 without changing any settings or do I need to disable the wireless and the firewall on the EPC2425.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

fransdev wrote: »
    and the technician told it is because I got a Mac and he didnt know anything about Mac only that it is no good!!!

Those UPC and all telco service technicians (with some exceptions) are utterly clueless. I even had one tell me all my problems were caused because I had a fixed IP for my main box, needless to say I hustled him away as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Dublinarea wrote: »
    Daveyjoe you dont need to disable the firewall in the router.

All you need to do to get the web browsing and torrents working together is Disable IP FLOOD PROTECTION

simple as that

I've been searching for ages to sort this problem, thanks alot buddy, worked a treat :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement