If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Home Cinema system plus ipod dock

Options
  • 19-01-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭

Can you quote me on a AV receiver in the range of €200-260 (best overall value and performance ) ipod dock and seperate speakers (satellite) and sub to match the prefered amp. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Can you quote me on a AV receiver in the range of €200-260 (best overall value and performance ) ipod dock and seperate speakers (satellite) and sub to match the prefered amp. Thanks

Kaisr,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The best quality AV receivers we have bang for buck in that price range are:

Pioneer VSX519 - £169.95 / €199.99 - a great quality AV receiver in stock in Black at a silly price!

Or:

Pioneer VSX819 £229.95 / €259.99 - again excellent quality but loads more power and a digital Ipod port included as well which gives you great audio quality as the ipod data does not have to pass through via analogue but remains in the digital domain.

or

Onkyo TXSR307 - £179.95 / €209.99 - again a cracking performer however if you are using an Ipod the Pioneer 819 is going to give you better quality and works out as better value as it saves you having to purchase a separate dock.

On the 5.1 speaker front - again here are a few options:

Yamaha NSP280 - £149.95 / €169.99 - available from stock.

Or Onkyo SKSHT528 - really popular with Boardies and a cracking deal at just £169.95 / €199.99 (stock is short at the moment - but in again next week)

Getting serious now:

Boston Soundware XS 5.1 - £329.95 / €379.99 - amazing audio quality from a tiny package - available from white and black and again - available from stock.
    We have loads of other packs available and we will have a new Cambridge Audio 5.1 pack in tomorrow which consists of the S20 / S50 / S90 and we can do this at an amazing £399.95 / €469.99 reduced from our already crazy price of £480 / €559.99.

Keep me posted if any of the above interests you and we will do our very best to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Hi John mc and crew :)
    Do those prices include the boardies discount or is this just for the philipps shop?
    The main use of my system will be for TV/DVD (not blu ray at present) and music. Is your recomendation of Pioneer819 over specified for this use? (tho aware that i dont have to buy a dock for digital sount from ipod)
    Really torn on speakers. I like a good full sound. My first seperate speakers were Tannoy 609 which sadly have been boxed away for a long while now. (are these still in demand 2ndhand?) Looking for similar (full) sound from smaller speakers. Do you by any chance do the Jamo A102 speaker package?
    Do you have any open box or shop model amp/speakers?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

bump...:p

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Hi John mc and crew :)
    Do those prices include the boardies discount or is this just for the philipps shop?
    The main use of my system will be for TV/DVD (not blu ray at present) and music. Is your recomendation of Pioneer819 over specified for this use? (tho aware that i dont have to buy a dock for digital sount from ipod)
    Really torn on speakers. I like a good full sound. My first seperate speakers were Tannoy 609 which sadly have been boxed away for a long while now. (are these still in demand 2ndhand?) Looking for similar (full) sound from smaller speakers. Do you by any chance do the Jamo A102 speaker package?
    Do you have any open box or shop model amp/speakers?
    Thanks

Kaisr,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Yep, I'm afraid that those are the best prices we can do - ( Of course if you do see the same products cheaper anywhere in Ireland or the UK we will beat any cheaper price with a smile).

ON the 819 front - it really is a cracking receiver and for that money you will not buy finer - however you could go for the VSX519 is the budget is under pressure.

On the speaker front - your Tannoy 609's are excellent speakers and will still sound great and will work well with the 819 - however we do also sell the Jamo A102 pack at £249.95 and we have them in stock to ship today.

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.