Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, I got a summons

• 19-01-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

For failing to pay a parking fine (parking in a disabled space) in Carlow on Nov 7th.

I moved to the USA on Sept 5th. My car was brought to Wexford by my parents, sold and collected on Nov 7th. My mother (sensible person that she is) photocopied the registration cert before posting it off to Shannon. I've responded to the summons expalining the situation and attaching the photocopy. Do I need to do anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

That should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

As its the same day as the sale, Did your parents drive through Carlow that day? If they did and they parked it then they did wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

mullingar wrote: »
    As its the same day as the sale, Did your parents drive through Carlow that day? If they did and they parked it then they did wrong.
    Had to have been if she was in USA as of September.

I reckon your parents havent changed over the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Sorry am I right in thinking that the car was sold that day and the person who bought it drove through Carlow and parked in the disabled spot not your parents and your trying to clear your name ? and your trying to find out how you prove that it wasn't you as it had been sold on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Sorry am I right in thinking that the car was sold that day and the person who bought it drove through Carlow and parked in the disabled spot not your parents and your trying to clear your name ? and your trying to find out how you prove that it wasn't you as it had been sold on ?

Exactly.

My parents never used my car. It was outside my grandparents house with a 'for sale' sign and this lady from Kilkenny saw it. On Sat Nov 7th she came to Wexford and paid for the car. My mum posted the logbook off to Shannon. I don't know what date they have as the change of ownership, the date it was signed or the date they received it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Exactly.

My parents never used my car. It was outside my grandparents house with a 'for sale' sign and this lady from Kilkenny saw it. On Sat Nov 7th she came to Wexford and paid for the car. My mum posted the logbook off to Shannon. I don't know what date they have as the change of ownership, the date it was signed or the date they received it?

Thanks thats what I thought.

Not sure where you go from here to be honest. Maybe a visit be them to their local Gardai for advice.

Did your parents by any chance get the woman to date, time and sign beside them when she signed for the car. Thats what I got my buyer to agree to so he and I knew exactly who's fines would be who's if it came to it.

Best of luck anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

your options are :

Goto Garda station - explain situation - with proof....ask for the garda who's name is on the summons. (prosecuting garda) ....if possible provide the details of the new owner of the car.

turn up in court - explain the situation to the judge, he/she will either adjourn the matter so the gardai can investigate the matter or dismiss the matter.

alternatively - contact a solicitor and let them try to sort it all out.

Best option and most sensible...goto Garda Station with summons.

(its very important that you deal with the actual garda involved - so if he/she is not working for a few days ...you'll have to wait)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    your options are :

Goto Garda station - explain situation - with proof....ask for the garda who's name is on the summons. (prosecuting garda) ....if possible provide the details of the new owner of the car.

turn up in court - explain the situation to the judge, he/she will either adjourn the matter so the gardai can investigate the matter or dismiss the matter.

alternatively - contact a solicitor and let them try to sort it all out.

Best option and most sensible...goto Garda Station with summons.

(its very important that you deal with the actual garda involved - so if he/she is not working for a few days ...you'll have to wait)

If I was in Ireland I would have gone to visit the Garda Station already. The problem is I now live in Texas!

Did your parents by any chance get the woman to date, time and sign beside them when she signed for the car. Thats what I got my buyer to agree to so he and I knew exactly who's fines would be who's if it came to it.

Best of luck anyway.

Thanks for your reply. I'll ring my mother and ask her. She did have the cop on to photocopy the logbook before sending it off so she may have done this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PCPhoto wrote: »
    your options are :

Goto Garda station - explain situation - with proof....ask for the garda who's name is on the summons. .

She doesnt have proof though. She has proof that the car was sold on that day but doubtfull theres proof of time.

Unless the buyer owns up I dont see how it can be proven that it was the buyer that parked it there(I'd imagine any cctv etc is long gone at this stage)

What happened with the original fine OP, did you (well, your parents) not go about it when that came in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement