Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Tottenham [Match Thread] Wed 20:00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well thank god for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Why can't we play like this every game?

Rafa Benitez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

nice one Rebel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, Spurs were terrible. Can't see them challenging for fourth towards the business end of the season at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Rafa Benitez.

tedious comment is tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yes I think Rierra did very well tonight. And Kyrgiakos (need a nickname for him, name too long) put in a good shift as well.

Super Soto!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

MOTM - either Riera or Krgy.

Riera -great play, great passing, always an attacking threat. You'd never think he's only only back from injury.

Krgy - once again, just about everything in the air was his. Only fault was the back pass - but it didn't actually matter in the end.

**edit

Nickname for Krgyiakos:

Soky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

yom 1 wrote: »
    nice one Rebel!
    why did he win on a bet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Rafa Benitez.

tbh tonight was the definition of everything that Rafa wants a team to do. Tonight was everyone doing exactly what he asked them to do.

why did he win on a bet?

he posted a link to footytube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Riera for me.

Although Kuyt's first was sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yes I think Rierra did very well tonight. And Kyrgiakos (need a nickname for him, name too long) put in a good shift as well.

Yeah, he got bad press earlier in the season, victim of circumstances and timing. He's a decent 4th choice CB.

10 points from 12 and 2 winnable games next, to set up for Everton, Arsenal and City in February.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Absolutely delighted with the result. Didnt play particularly well in the first half but played some nice stuff towards the end of the second. Cant fault the effort or desire which was there for the full 90 minutes. I have to hold my hands up on Kuyt, as I wanted him dropped, but he played really well and hopefully this can be a turning point for him. Riera also put in a really good shift considering hes been out for so long. Lucas looks like he needs a rest and Aquilani had some very nice touches indeed.

MOTM - either Riera or Krgy.

Riera -great play, great passing, always an attacking threat. You'd never think he's only only back from injury.

Krgy - once again, just about everything in the air was his. Only fault was the back pass - but it didn't actually matter in the end.

**edit

Nickname for Krgyiakos:

Soky
    Yes Soky could be the new hypia.Has really grasped the nettle since he came in along with Degan. Babel take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Disappointed that Liverpool looked a lot better tonight, nonethless well done to them, Anfield sounded like it was rocking.

Cartwheels coming off for Spurs, once again. They'll slip below City, Villa, Liverpool and Everton by May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What about Degan down the right with Kuyt in super striker mode again (!) does it make sense, how did he do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SlickRic wrote: »
    if kyrgiakos plays, i give up.

i'm officially scared.
    Headshot wrote: »
    he played great stuff against Stoke tbf

sorry SlickRic :p

another good game by the Greek I thought

Watch him get 'rotated' out for Agger next game.

mike65 wrote: »
    What about Degan down the right with Kuyt in super striker mode again (!) does it make sense, how did he do?
    Degan another to impress. Liked the look of that team tonight. Had real purpose to it. Dont want to say it but Gerrard and Torres getting injured has thrown the shackles off this team. Least they know its on them now.

Watch him get 'rotated' out for Agger next game.

Will Agger be back? Thought he was injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

We should've beaten them by much more, if only Kuyt could finish, if only we had someone other then Degen on the right at that time and if only Kyrgiakos has latched onto that chance better! :D

Riera played very well, he was absolutely fúcked by the end of the game. Its been a long time since he's played, bu he's given us something we've dearly missed recently.

Defense also played well, I think Insua is improving well but thank the Lord Lennon was injured tonight. Carra has been solid recently too, and Kyrgiakos has done well over the last two games. Aquaman started well but he seemed to fade and was very ineffective in the second half. We saw that attitude of his at some points, too.

Good to see Kuyt get on the scoresheet, he usually pulls it out of the bag and goes on these runs where he won't stop scoring or setting up chances. Totally agree with someone who mentioned it earlier, Kuyt really does get in some amount positions to find the net. If only he was a more accomplished finisher, perhaps in the mould of Tevez as we've seen recently then we'd have a wicked player on our hands. You could say he's a poor man's Carlito :P

Overall, VERY pleased and I'm delighted we've finally notched another three points.

Onwards and upwards.

Yes Soky could be the new hypia.Has really grasped the nettle since he came in along with Degan. Babel take note.

I'm no huge fan of Babel but how can he take not if he doesn't get a start?
    Tusky
    Lucas looks like he needs a rest

Yeah i'd agree with that. Was it him who rushed the box for the peno? Absolutely stupid carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Headshot wrote: »
    sorry SlickRic :p

another good game by the Greek I thought
    Indeed. It seems he can do one thing the rest of our defense can't too, and thats attack the ball in the air. He's been immense, and deserves a decent run in the team.

mike65 wrote: »

Degen, the free transfer, full back sicknote, looked better on the wing then Babel has done on the wing all season. Very impressed with his performance tonight, runs for everything, great pace, and more trickery then i'd realised. I would say he would get few or no goals though. Looked like a deer in headlights after he got himself into a great position to score.

Kuyt did well up top, got himself into some great positions and took his first goal very well, but should have had more then his 2 and i'd really like him playing with a partner with pace, as its too easy for teams to play high up the pitch knowing he's not going to threaten in behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Noticed Rafa's name being chanted when pool were leading . . Do pool fans want him or not ? ? ?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Noticed Rafa's name being chanted when pool were leading . . Do pool fans want him or not ? ? ?

There's massive support for the manager by the match-going fans.

Do pool fans want him or not ? ? ?

I can't speak for everyone because some of our fans are broken, but the majority are and have been fully behind Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

mayordenis wrote: »
    I can't speak for everyone because some of our fans are broken, but the majority are and have been fully behind Rafa.

Alot of the pool fans I know are split down the middle , if anything most of them are in the "rafa out" category . .

Pool will get 4th . . Spurs will capitulate . . City will drop off when the pressure starts. . Villa will drop too many points . .

The majority haven't changed their tune, have been consistency behind him. A minority have drifted, but the majority are still behind him.
    Alot of the pool fans I know are split down the middle , if anything most of them are in the "rafa out" category . .
    I'm speaking of match going liverpudlians by the way, plenty of the Irish fans i know want him out, but tbh I'm not counting them as its the match going fans who decide these things.

• Advertisement

Degan done relatively well tonight but he shouldn't be getting started on that wing regularly, he looks decent on the ball but his end product is poor at best. I'd still like to see Babel get a run out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Pool deserved win tonight , fairplay. Shockin performance from spurs tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Indeed. It seems he can do one thing the rest of our defense can't too, and thats attack the ball in the air. He's been immense, and deserves a decent run in the team.

What I like about him is that he seems to organise our defence quite well,
    is vocal, and Carra cannot intimidate/awe/bully him like his presence seems to do to the rest of the defence at times.

A decent pro who seems to give a bit of extra confidence to the other players in the defence.

The fact he is best in the air at the club doesn't hurt either. :D

Yom (and anyone else who missed it), highlights starting now on Skysports 1

BERBA wrote: »

I don't think Spurs were that bad at all. They showed enough to suggest that they have enough about them to be in with a shout for a CL spot, especially when they get a few players back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

have we turned the corner now?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

phillip degen played bloody good i must say. im shocked. spurs were unlucky in places but ultimately i reckon liverpool deserved the win. good game though, i enjoyed watching it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Spurs where not allowed play well tonight something Liverpool have'nt being doing of recent.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I don't think Spurs were that bad at all. They showed enough to suggest that they have enough about them to be in with a shout for a CL spot, especially when they get a few players back.

We had no bottle tonight , Pool had loads of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

i can't believe it... a clean sheet!
    Fair play to the Greek.. i think it's fair to say that he's surprised a few of us with his last 2 performances. Everything in the air belongs to him.

It's great to see Riera back and hopefully Maxi will improve his fitness and get more chances to impress..

it's great to be in a good mood after a match

Forgot to mention my delight for N'gog... had a nightmare of a game v Stoke but he put it all behind him 2nite. Excellent performance from him when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

good enough performance from the pool tonight...
    created a few chances that should have been put away...

m-o-m for me was a toss up between Kryakois (sp?) and Carra (who should a lot of commitment and got stuck in)...

Aqualani was good some nice touches.... Degan can run alot but his positioning and touch is poor..

Riera was average i thought...good header off the bar...

Ngog looked lively when he came on, thought Maxi should have come on a little earlier!

not bad overall and more importantly ... 3 pts.... happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Classic game from us lads, over the moon. RAFA Legend.

Were still in with a chance for the league.. :cool:

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Spurs where not allowed play well tonight something Liverpool have'nt being doing of recent.

Totally agree with above , we now need to get lennon fit and back in the team hopefully for sat and take it out on Leeds in the fa cup.

Classic game from us lads, over the moon. RAFA Legend.

Were still in with a chance for the league.. :cool:

Calm down a bit. We're not that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Totally agree with above , we now need to get lennon fit and back in the team hopefully for sat and take it out on Leeds in the fa cup.

Ye fair sh*t yeer pants tonight BERBA bai.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That Spurs V Leeds match suddenly looks alot more of an even match than I first thought!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ye fair sh*t yeer pants tonight BERBA bai.

Big reaction needed next tuesday night v Fulham. 3 pts are vital.

We had no bottle tonight , Pool had loads of it.

Yeah, but you will meet plenty of teams between now and the end of the season with far less resolve and gritty determination than that shown by Liverpool tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Big reaction needed next tuesday night v Fulham. 3 pts are vital.

Nah its over. Big chance to show they had the mettle tonight and let themselves down spectacularly. Ye'll finish 7th at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Calm down a bit. We're not that good.

This is our year, Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Big big win for Liverpool. For all the talk about their failure of a season, it's as a result of the high standards they have set themselves. They still remain, and never really have dropped imo, as the favorites to get 4th place. Unless either City, Spurs or Villa step it up, it'll be Liverpools.

• Advertisement
Advertisement