Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Tottenham [Match Thread] Wed 20:00

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Muppet wrote: »
    I didn't see much improvement from an attack PO V with liverpool last night, they were better defensively than they have been of late. Tottehams disallowed goal was a disgrace to refereeing and could have changed things.

agreed on most of this.

i wouldn't say it was a 'disgrace' though, just really inconsistent. he got confused as to when the 'phase of play' ended and began again. the pass that caused us to be under pressure meant defoe was offside as he chased. some would argue it was once Kyrgiakos touched the ball; which is what i would have done.

for me it was a goal, bit it's just another instance of confusion with the rule.
    The Muppet wrote: »
    To give liverpool their dues thats 6 points from Villa and Tottenham, they really needed to do that to get back in the race for 4th. Those results should ease the pressure a litlle and we should see continued improvement.

6 points was more than i expected, and so i'm delighted.

i don't think it'll really ease the pressure until we're comfortably top 4. we're 3rd in the form table now, but that will be ignored. (as it was on SSN this morning shamefully, when they went through the form table and who the contenders for the top 4 were and how their form was, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs and City were all mentioned, with City i think being the 'most in form' out of all the contenders. not a whiff of mentioning us.)

so it'll be ignored until we've definitively proven we're out of the rut. and for me, that's probably a sign of what is expected of us, and i suppose, rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well, having had time to reflect on last nights performance, it's clear that Liverpool wanted the result more than Spurs. From the whistle, Spurs players were hassled, harried, and generally bossed around the pitch. There were 20 minutes in the 2nd half where Spurs the midfield and if ever we were going to score it was then, but it didn't happen.

Liverpool got the performance they wanted/needed, and also the key decisions on the night. I agree with Copacetic, if Defoe was offside and in a position to cause problems, he should've been flagged straight away. Still, it's a definite grey area and it should be sorted out asap. Crouch should also have had a penalty in the first half too but he never gets those decisions, ever!

All in all, I was disappointed with many players for Spurs, Modric (practically anonymous), Krancjar (bullied), Jenas (just crap again), Defoe, Corluka, and Bassong when he came on, and I was disappointed that yet again, Spurs show they don't have the balls for a top 4 fight.

Liverpool put in a gutsy and effective performance, which is all that was needed against a lacklustre Spurs.

That post has literally read my mind. Typical spurs and liverpool did want it more. Such a frustrating match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

SlickRic wrote: »
    1) The Diggler - when we've no Gerrard or Torres especially, boy does this man step up. i don't know whether he's intimidated by the two of them or something, but when he has more responsibility, he plays better, his touch improves 100 %, and he seems to thrive in the whole thing. fair f*cks to the lad.

A striker who plays better when he's allowed to play as a striker? :eek:

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    our first choice team & bench is ****ing quality. its injuries & bad luck resulting in under performance & no confidence that has ****ed us up this season.

Your having a laugh right!
    Quality my @rse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

agreed on most of this.

i wouldn't say it was a 'disgrace' though, just really inconsistent. he got confused as to when the 'phase of play' ended and began again. the pass that caused us to be under pressure meant defoe was offside as he chased. some would argue it was once Kyrgiakos touched the ball; which is what i would have done.

for me it was a goal, bit it's just another instance of confusion with the rule.

If any team scores a legitimate goal and it's disallowed , that's a disgrace IMO. Last nights incident was pretty clear cut, Defoe didn't touch the ball until it was in the second phase of play, ie after a liverpool player had touched it. The goal should have stood.
    6 points was more than i expected, and so i'm delighted.

i don't think it'll really ease the pressure until we're comfortably top 4. we're 3rd in the form table now, but that will be ignored. (as it was on SSN this morning shamefully, when they went through the form table and who the contenders for the top 4 were and how their form was, Birmingham, Villa, Spurs and City were all mentioned, with City i think being the 'most in form' out of all the contenders. not a whiff of mentioning us.)

so it'll be ignored until we've definitively proven we're out of the rut. and for me, that's probably a sign of what is expected of us, and i suppose, rightfully so.

Liverpool are in a better position than Birmingham to get 4th but Villa Spurs and City are in the best position at the moment. There's very little between them and Liverpool and they will all drop points, City are in best position in that they have the points in the bag and a game in hand. For the first time in months I can see Liverpool getting 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Your having a laugh right!
    Quality my @rse!

Don't mind AL, he has a reputation to protect.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A striker who plays better when he's allowed to play as a striker? :eek:

hmmmm...him or Torres? tough call...

he's been a RW for Liverpool and the Netherlands for two years now.

what would you consider Gerrard? a forward or a midfielder?

Regarding Spurs disallowed goal - tough shít really tbh.

We've had rotten luck this season and deserved a rub of the green for once.

Hopefully that's the start of a run of good luck ;)

Advertisement