Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craughwell/Floods

Options
  • 19-01-2010 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone tell me was the Sli na gCapall estate in Craughwell affected badly by the recent floods?? Thinking about viewing a house there but the answer to this might save me the bother!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

Hi nuk,

Sli na gcapaill was fine. Have friends living in there. Well elevated so wasn't affected. Nice estate of circa 20 houses. Happy viewing if you go for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sarahdups

Viewed a house in Sli na gCapaill, Craughwell a few weeks ago and area seems nice enough - does anyone know anyone living around this area. Really keen to get a nice enough area to live in for the next few years! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

Only part of Craughwell which was flooded was along where the bridge is from the chemist to Cawleys Pub. Just that stretch. Everywhere else was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sarahdups

Thanks! Trying to think of any possible faults before putting this house on the short list! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Miss_F

No probs. Handy enough spot 20 min from Galway & close to Loughrea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I live between Craughwell and Loughrea and we love it.
    Loughrea/Oranmore are close enough for everything. Some lovely restaurants/pubs and some great shops.
    Craughwell itself is not the most exciting place in the world but we're very happy there.
    The pharmacy is very handy (and he is a really lovely man) and of course there's the Topaz for petrol and emergency supplies of milk/bread etc.
    And talking of emergencies - there's a good chipper too!! :D

Advertisement