Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC availability

• 19-01-2010 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a UPC broadband connection on my road (just of Newlands cross) but I've been told its not yet available and is not listed on the UPC '2009 networks improvements page' . I know that there are a number of roads within 300m of my house that do have this service and I'm wondering what aspects of their network need to be upgraded in order for them to be able to offer me a service.

Is there anyone here who has technical knowledge on the UPC network infrastructure who could explain what the problem is? I assume that since other roads in my area have service that the local distribution point is broadband capable. Is it the case that the individual coaxial cables running along the houses need to be replaced?

Thanks

Edit: I just came across this earlier post: Fibre and Telecommunications infrastructure
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055683985
    I gather UPC are using Hybrid Fibre Coaxial" (HFC) where the link from the distribution point to the house is coax.

Advertisement