Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice required on purchasing Keyboard?

• 19-01-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi

I would like some advice please on purchasing a keyboard.
    The keyboard will be used mainly in Primary school for preparing kids for communion, confirmation and Xmas plays. I have never played the keyboard before but would like to learn.
    Someone recommended a keyboard of about four octane. Would this be suitable.
    I was thinking about the Yamaha NP-30 model but not too sure.
    All advice welcome?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

whats your price range? Do weighted keys(proper piano keys) matter to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Hi

No weighted keys don't matter to me. My price range is about €200-€250euro. Somethign that will be able to play most things. Not looking for anything too extravagent.Would Yamaha be the best model?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

You normally can't wrong with a yamaha. I'd try go for the cheapest digital piano you can get rather than a keyboard. Keyboards normally have loads of extra sounds(adds to the price) which are very poor in this price range and i'm guessing from your post you just need the piano sound. Yamaha NP 30 seems very good value for money

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0660835.htm

http://www.thomann.de/ie/yamaha_np30_s.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Farolina81

I use a technics keyboard in the classroom. It was fairly pricey new but I got it secondhand last year for 300 euro. The keys are not weighted but it's got really great sounds and accompaniments. At the moment we're using a rock beat for composing a class song and the sound is good enough to go through a PA to play it for assembly. I'd definitely stay away from new keyboards around your price range but would look at secondhand keyboards so that you would have more good quality sounds etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Have a look at the Casio LK-230 either, I was looking into one before christmas and got this. Its like 240 quid in argos but I went to BSOM from here for it and he has it at 165 euro. It has light up keys for learning but they can be switched off when you get used to it, and it's also touch sensitive which is great. it has about 400 tones too and a microphone for sampling, really good all rounder imo ;)

LK230-R.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

Have a look at the Casio LK-230 either, I was looking into one before christmas and got this. Its like 240 quid in argos but I went to BSOM from here for it and he has it at 165 euro. It has light up keys for learning but they can be switched off when you get used to it, and it's also touch sensitive which is great. it has about 400 tones too and a microphone for sampling, really good all rounder imo ;)

LK230-R.jpg

Howdie !

We do indeed, they are a great little keyboard. Its touch responsive so it means that you can really get alot out of it. It also comes with a Mic and input so you can have the sing along option aswell. It comes in €75 cheaper than Argos so your basically getting a €200 + keyboard for €165.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 43 skii29

Thnaks for that.
    Just wondering where is BSOM? Is it an online store? Can't seem to find it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

No he runs a music school in blanchardstown. Just give him a PM on boards here and I'm sure he'll respond! ;)

Advertisement