Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Broadband

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

DazMarz wrote: »
    I have the 12meg package (89.99 p/m) in an area where nobody else (Eircom, 3, WiMax, DigiWeb, nobody) could provide anything other than bare-bones 1meg or even less. Seriously.

Got the Wicklow Broadband in about 4/5 months ago. It's a revelation. Unbelievable. Speed totally consistent. Once or twice, at like 3am, it's gone down completely due to them performing maintenance, but in fairness, I should be in bed at 3am.

The installation took less than an hour and it is reliable and quick. I couldn't recommend Wicklow Broadband enough. Might be a bit more expensive (especially for the package I have) but they have cheaper packages and their service is impeccable.

I must agree, there was maintainance work this weekend and I noticed a drop off in speed, I fired off an email to their support and guess what?!? 30 minuites later a response! "We will be back up to speed in two hours"

€39:99 for unlimited broadband at 7mb+, I can't argue with that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kusadasiboris

and finally Fibre optic in wicklow town,rathnew,newtown,and other few villages and towns, that was one long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

and finally Fibre optic in wicklow town,rathnew,newtown,and other few villages and towns, that was one long wait!

Who will be providing this, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kusadasiboris

@ garballl
    Yes,eircom and Vodafone does right now, I have been in rathnew and wicklow town 4 different friends houses who got fibre optic and I have test it aswell from my mobile, one of them show up around 43mbps, other ones was around 40 41 46 so after I tested 4 of them my speedtest app that's what I come up with, personally I don't have fibre yet, I am under contract with W/B , 3 more monts then Roll on for fibre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

That's good news. I think I've got three months contract left myself. If fibre is available I'll be all over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement