Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help

Options
  • 19-01-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,
    I have an Honours Degree in Commerce and was wondering what other courses I could get into with this. For example, I heard of someone getting into Medicine with a music degree. I also heard that you can do primary teaching from a Commerce Degree. What are all my options? Is there anywhere which lists out all my possible degrees I can complete with the Commerce one I have already done?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

- Graduate medicine is 4 years and also requires sitting an aptitude test.
    - Primary teaching is, I think, an 18-month post-grad diploma - possibly 1 or 2 years in some places? Secondary teaching would also be available (post-grad dip again, 1 year), though there's a surplus of those with business subjects applying.
    - You could, I presume, do postgrad study in commerce as well as postgrad study in certain other areas.
    - You could apply to unrelated-to-commerce undergrad courses as a mature student.

There's plenty you could do - depends what you're interested in. I don't know of anywhere that lists out 'what you can do with a commerce degree', you'd be looking for something more along the lines of 'what can you do after an honours degree' generally.

Advertisement