Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noooooooooos not Cadbury!!

Options
  • 19-01-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Seems Kraft have indeed bought Cadbury. :(
    I swear if their chocolate goes manky... I'll go mad!
    People from all over the world look for UK/Irish Cadbury products.
    Kraft products don't compare.

Sources here and here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

They wouldn't change the chocolate.
    I mean, they couldn't right????

They can cut expenses elsewhere and not mess with the taste. If they do people will stop buying.

I think I will cry now :(

*stocks up on Cadbury products*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    They wouldn't change the chocolate.
    I mean, they couldn't right????

...hardly...

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hope this doesn't mean the end for all the less popular, under-ratd bars that aren't the big name sellers! :(

/runs to Spar to stock up on Starbars and Moros.

Hope this doesn't mean the end for all the less popular, under-ratd bars that aren't the big name sellers! :(

/runs to Spar to stock up on Starbars and Moros.
    Moro? Less popular? Underrated? Would you think so?!

I think Cadburys had gone downhill already tbh.

I think I might make a trip to the cash and carry and buy a box of wispas though :pac:

oh and starbars :eek:

• Advertisement

I think Cadburys had gone downhill already tbh.

Well if Roses are anything to go by... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Moro? Less popular? Underrated? Would you think so?!

Yeah I reckon - compared to Dairy Milk, Caramel, Wispa, Flake, Crunchie, Twirl etc. anyway
    Some convenience stores don't even stock them! :eek::eek:

Starbars are a thing of beauty - I remember when they were peanut Moros!

Starbars are a thing of beauty - I remember when they were peanut Moros!

Ah but they were starbars long long before they were ever moro peanuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Agreed the Roses and so forth have gone downhill but how often do you buy a box?
    Compared with how often you'd go 'ooh I'd love some chocolate' and end up buying a bar, moro/wispa/so forth. I just know that I can always fall back on the classic DairyMilk bar (or others) when I need some *real* chocolate taste :)
    I just don't want manky 'new recipe' or anything.

There were many a selection box in my house over christmas and I found the chocolate to be a bit yucky to be honest. The buttons and skinny dairy milks just didn't taste the same. Maybe it was just their christmas chocolate??

• Advertisement

Maybe, though I had a selection box, with flake n wispa etc in it and they tasted fine.
    And I'm really picky too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

More concerned about the potential job losses than the possibility of a drop in product here or there. The UK are very concerned and so should Ireland be from watching 6 /1 News.

From a product point of view I was never gone on their chunky bars, always found them to taste different to the standard bar.

Nah I know the job losses is more of a concern and I do obviously feel for people who might lose a job. I was just taking the chocolate side of things, given the forum I posted it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They'd better not mess with the Crunchie! :eek:

star-pants wrote: »
    Nah I know the job losses is more of a concern and I do obviously feel for people who might lose a job. .
    Its not something you can really boycott if they pull out because between themselves and Kraft they make too many nice things. :p

Never said I'd boycott, just saying if their chocolate changes & I don't like it, then I won't buy it.
    I like toblerones, and the occasional terrys chocolate orange, but I like Cadburys chocolate as it is, and I would be sad if it didn't taste nice. *thankful she has a box of MilkTray downstairs* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

When I was living in New Zealand I didn't expect to see Cadbury items on the shelves.

Was sooooooooo happy. Bought a few bars to stash at my house.
    Open a plain dairy milk chocolate bar and took a big bite.

DISGUSTING. VILE. etc

Completely different taste. Of course NZ folk coming here to Ireland/UK hate our version of Cadburys! They are use to what they have grown up with as are we.

As long as they leave the plain bar, Flake and Twirl alone....I could survive!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

american chocolate (especially hersheys) tastes like vomit, seriously...!!! manky stuff...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    When I was living in New Zealand I didn't expect to see Cadbury items on the shelves.

Was sooooooooo happy. Bought a few bars to stash at my house.
    Open a plain dairy milk chocolate bar and took a big bite.

DISGUSTING. VILE. etc

Completely different taste. Of course NZ folk coming here to Ireland/UK hate our version of Cadburys! They are use to what they have grown up with as are we.

As long as they leave the plain bar, Flake and Twirl alone....I could survive!:p

its because of the irish milk they use. one of the best tasting milk's in the world...!! ;)

irishdub14 wrote: »
    its because of the irish milk they use. one of the best tasting milk's in the world...!! ;)

Actually apart from different milk, there's an ingredient (can't recall the name) added to prevent it from melting so quickly, due to it being generally hotter over there. That's also why it doesn't have the same texture and taste.
    It's less smooth, more crumbly than melty in the mouth.

• Advertisement

irishdub14 wrote: »
    american chocolate (especially hersheys) tastes like vomit, seriously...!!! manky stuff...!!
    I love hersheys dark chocolate, their bright chocolate is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I love hersheys dark chocolate, their bright chocolate is muck.
    "Bright" chocolate? I'd imagine that taste is more likely uranium than muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

star-pants wrote: »
    Seems Kraft have indeed bought Cadbury. :(
    I swear if their chocolate goes manky... I'll go mad!

Cadbury chocolate IS manky. Just hardened, brown, sugary milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Irene Rosenfeld is the CEO of KRAFT. It seems that Kraft has huge interests in Israel.

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2010/01/kraft-and-cadbury-kosher-conspiracy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just noticed that Kraft are involved in Milka bars and I think Daim bars as well.

Suddenly I don't hate them any more :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

phasers wrote: »
    I just noticed that Kraft are involved in Milka bars and I think Daim bars as well.

Suddenly I don't hate them any more :o
    Gotta love the eld' dime (daim :rolleyes:) bars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Ah but they were starbars long long before they were ever moro peanuts!

........Ah!....but they were Nunch's long long long before they were starbars....;)

Cicero wrote: »
    ........Ah!....but they were Nunch's long long long before they were starbars....;)

Yuss, for once I don't feel old :pac:
    (and nudges and then boost peanuts according to wiki)

@ phasers

Dime.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cicero wrote: »
    Never heard of nunch before, I remember starbars in the brown wrapper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Bar
    Cadbury Star Bar is a bar that is made by Cadbury UK. Initially popular in the mid-1970s, the Star Bar largely exists due to a small but loyal fanbase (with a dedicated fansite), as the product has not been advertised or promoted for years. In the mid-1970s Star Bar was called Nunch, a portmanteau of the words "Nut" and "Lunch", and was promoted as the "nunchiest bar ever". Nunch was later rebranded as Nudge and in the 1980s it briefly became "peanut Boost," only to return to Star Bar as popularity of the Boost bar waned.

In May 2006, Moro Peanut was launched in Ireland only, with the words "Formerly Star Bar" displayed prominently on the label. The range is most commonly seen in small independent stores, and is most popular in Ireland.

This is from 1980
    3457609981_0ea27e5faa.jpg

Advertisement