Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Radio

• 19-01-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi all, when driving home today my car radio suddenly went to its highest volume possible I'm surprised I didn't crash the car while driving, I tried to lower it back down but couldn't had to switch it off.

I'm driving a BMW with the BMW radio still in the car that came with it. When I got to a red light I turned off the car and back on but the radio was still at full blast.

Any ideas ? Electrical fault maybe?

Thanks
    Neon

My ears art still hurting.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Pull the radio fuse until we get a better answer :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Thanks for the replies any idea what the head unit is and how much it would cost to replace if that was the issue? Sorry not very up on my cars :o

it's usually written on the front e.g. "business"

what model/year is it?

Its a 316i year 03

• Advertisement

is it casette or CD, is there a CD changer? is there anything written on the front?

Casette with CD changer in the boot of the car business class or something like that. I must remember not to turn it on in the morning when going to work that would be some wake up call for sure...

Well the radio was back to normal this morning so not sure what caused it. Hopefully it wont happen again but thats probably unlikey.

Advertisement