Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb speeds in Carlow

Options
  • 19-01-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anyone else noticed that Digiweb speeds in Carlow have gone up lately? It was hitting 7.8mbs in Carlow town, and also a few miles outside the town. Not Japan by any means, but not bad at all for Ireland.

The absence of line rental charges on the Digiweb phone package make them a very attractive deal too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anyone else noticed that Digiweb speeds in Carlow have gone up lately? It was hitting 7.8mbs in Carlow town, and also a few miles outside the town. Not Japan by any means, but not bad at all for Ireland.

The absence of line rental charges on the Digiweb phone package make them a very attractive deal too.

Digiweb? 7.8mbs? Thats a massive improvement on what it was like when i used them(2 yrs ago) It was a terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

Awesome. Good to hear this as I'm trying to convince my parents to switch over to Digiweb atm . Currently have a sh1tty Eircom service. Max download speed is 16kb/s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

If you can get NTL go for it. 30mb for 50 euro a month is pretty amazing.

Psycopat wrote: »
    If you can get NTL go for it. 30mb for 50 euro a month is pretty amazing.
    I dream of that out here. I'm with Eircom and getting 6.5mbs on average, but its costing me €85 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

super-rush wrote: »
    I dream of that out here. I'm with Eircom and getting 6.5mbs on average, but its costing me €85 a month.

€85?! Jesus, that's a rip off. Did you enquire about getting Digiweb? They provide satellite broadband for..well, I doubt it'd be more than €85 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

my digiweb 6mb account is around the same at 85 odd a month - but its got 60gb bandwidth. i cant say Ive noticed an increase in speed though

ShotgunBoy wrote: »
    €85?! Jesus, that's a rip off. Did you enquire about getting Digiweb? They provide satellite broadband for..well, I doubt it'd be more than €85 tbh.

Yeah Digiweb sattelite is available here. €35 per month and €589 for installation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delonglad

Digiweb are gangsters, brutal service altogether both their internet and customer service..

30mb NTL all the way plus unlimited downloads..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

NTL is not unlimited..if you go over 250gb they move you up to the high price plan and thats about 80euros.

I'm with eircom, its a bit pricier,but their customer service is good, and even though they said the download allowance is 60gb, they have'nt charge any customers the extra fees, so its unlimited download for me! im reently switched to 7mb bundle about 70euros a month. we've been with them for a long time, only find out more products online cause they never sent advertisements or anything about new bundles or deals to us!
    plus! They havent upgrade their speeds for a LONG time!!

Advertisement