Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem Tripod

Options
  • 19-01-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

LCD Soundsystem are playing 2 shows in Tripod, April 20/1, its mentioned on Irish Times website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I gasped - quite literally

Can't f*cking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hmmm, I read earlier its their last ever tour:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

state.ie mentioned that tickets were apparently going on sale today. Doesn't seem to be the case. Guess it is a little early between annoumcement and sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

on sale Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

40 quid, OUCH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭boosh_fan

indiewindy wrote: »
    LCD Soundsystem are playing 2 shows in Tripod, April 20/1, its mentioned on Irish Times website

hi, where did you see it on Irish Times website? I can't find it and Tripod are only selling for Tues 20th but I'd rather the Wed. Don't wanna miss out either though if they only end up playing one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

boosh_fan wrote: »
    hi, where did you see it on Irish Times website? I can't find it and Tripod are only selling for Tues 20th but I'd rather the Wed. Don't wanna miss out either though if they only end up playing one night.

Its in the on the record blog, they are probably holding off until the first date sells out and "due to demand.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Midweek? Damn it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There's a competition in the Metro AM to win tickets. Anyone know what the question/email address is?

We don't have a copy of it here at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

LCD Soundsystem track Big Ideas features on which film soundtrack?
    a) 9 songs b) 21

email answer to life@metroireland.ie by noon with Hot Tickets in the subject line. With the answer include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1pm and 3pm.

• Advertisement

dereko1969 wrote: »
    LCD Soundsystem track Big Ideas features on which film soundtrack?
    a) 9 songs b) 21

email answer to life@metroireland.ie by noon with Hot Tickets in the subject line. With the answer include your name, address and a number where you can be contacted between 1pm and 3pm.

Thanks for that man. I won the tickets! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Absolutely raging. Don't have a credit card, and the person I asked to pick up tickets for me missed the damn sale. One of the acts I've kind of promised myself I'd see so I'm going to have to one way or the other, but I hate this bloody rigmarole.

You better make it worth it, Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

If you belive the rumours, this is the last LCD album and tour...... but I expect them to be all over the festival season this year too.

They are amazing live, this is a clip I recorded live in Melbourne nearly 2 years ago. It's the ending Yeah! live.... skip to about 1.30 into the video for some insane stuff!

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

Does anyone know if the tickets are sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

For the first gig on the 20th, yes. I'm hoping the 21st isn't sold out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

Ticketmaster and the Soundcellar were sold out on Friday morning but I managed to get some in Road Records on Fade Street that afternoon. I don't know if there are any left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think Ticketmaster have no tickets left for either night. You might pick some up in Road or Sound Cellar if you're lucky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Just got two tickets for Wednesday on ticketmaster a few mins ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

ams wrote: »

I tried yesterday and there were none left. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭randypriest

ams wrote: »

I tried on Monday at 9am and specifically said Wednesday the 21st only to be told they were sold out. Ticketmaster has made my list...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

One of my favourite bands but the crowd was a bit intolerable last time... though if it's sold out I guess I have little choice in the matter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I tried on Monday at 9am and specifically said Wednesday the 21st only to be told they were sold out. Ticketmaster has made my list...

It was pot luck - seen on twitter that they had released a few more thanks to toutless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

If LCD Soundsystem's last gig was Coachella and flights are suspended until at least Monday, does anyone know if this gig is gonna happen?

I'll be majorly bummed if it doesn't! :(

Just saw this:
    http://twitter.com/teamyacht/statuses/12388693707

Pod better say something soon! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Probably will be. Even if they arrive Tuesday morning, I'd say they'd be pretty jetlagged. I suppose the gigs could be rescheduled to later dates.

You won't hear anything from POD until tomorrow at the earliest.

Can't we sacrifice someone to this angry volcano god to sort this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Congratulations volcano, you just made my list :mad::mad::mad:
    ****ing gutted about this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Sometimes, the sadface smiley just isn't big enough to do the scale of a thing justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

From Yacht's twitter:

"SORRY DUBLIN! The LCD/YACHT shows are cancelled due to the volcano. I hate the reality, but I loved writing that a volcano cancelled a show"

http://twitter.com/teamyacht

devasted...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lil*lady

Stupid volcano.
    Likelihood of getting a refund? or them re-scheduling....?
    Would I be so cycnical as to think slim to none on both fronts..?

Advertisement