Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem Tripod

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

lil*lady wrote:
    Stupid volcano.
    Likelihood of getting a refund? or them re-scheduling....?
    Would I be so cycnical as to think slim to none on both fronts..?

Quick glance at their tour itinerary show they're in Europe until mid-May and then back again in June. Rescheduling certainly looks possible, in any case if the shows are cancelled you will definitely be able to request a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

soooo annoyed!!!

We only managed to get tickets last week! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If there's no rescheduled show they'll have to give refunds.

Why the hell wouldn't they? They won't be paying LCD for a gig they can't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Even if it's rescheduled you'll still have the option to get a refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

It's official. :(

From pod.ie

"*DUE TO THE WIDSPREAD EUROPEAN FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS LCD SOUNDSYSTEM ARE UNABLE TO TRAVEL TO DUBLIN FOR THEIR SHOWS THIS WEEK. A NEW RESCHEDULED DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY*"

No mention of refunds though if the dates don't suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The Ts&Cs of TM tickets allow for refunds for rescheduled gigs so that's already a given.

LCD Soundsystem officially postponed, new date TBC. Hold on te yer tickets until then, or else refunds at point of purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Man, the Volcano already prevented me from heading over to see Mos Def in London (you know, the one time I actually bother to leave the country for a gig) and now this? Seriously, t'funk?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Frustrating to see the show cancelled, especially since the Drunk girls video just came out and it is great.

Anyway, head to the official website, stream the album and get the mp3s in your temp files to tide you over until they get over here. Don't know how record labels don't take of this better.

I'll still buy the album when it comes out I should note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Bad news folks:

http://www.state.ie/2010/04/news/lcd-shows-are-not-being-rescheduled/

I was really really looking forward to this gig. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

And surprise surprise, Ticketmaster are being total flanges about refunding service charges for a service they haven't provided. :rolleyes:

And surprise surprise, Ticketmaster are being total flanges about refunding service charges for a service they haven't provided. :rolleyes:

Say whuuuuut?

Outlets pay out the service charge, dunno about the online/phone service..

Raging over this now. Had bagged me a photopass for it and everything so I'm truly gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Can anyone confirm if you bought your tickets online you get back every penny you paid including booking/service charges?

Or is it just face value of the ticket?

S.

Unreleased Demo - Love in LA

The disappointment is only starting to fade now, seriously bummed out by the whole thing, especially listening to the new album!

I went to ticketmaster in Stephen's Green today to get my refund, but the guy said since I ordered them online I'd have to get my refund online. Didn't know this. More inconvenience. :/

devinejay wrote: »
    I went to ticketmaster in Stephen's Green today to get my refund, but the guy said since I ordered them online I'd have to get my refund online. Didn't know this. More inconvenience. :/

Nonsense - typical modern day business that expects the customer to do all the work for them. Much like having to pay booking fees when ordering online, not having to deal with a person at a til. Utterly stupid.

It's pretty crap alright, and now reading back over the email I read;
    If you have purchased your tickets via phone or Internet, you must return your tickets via a secure method of post to:
    Ticketmaster Head Office, Grafton House, 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I went with box office collection. I assume I have to ring them though, that they won't refund me automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Just got an email from ticketbastard about a refund. Does this mean it ain't gonna be rescheduled???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Just got an email from ticketbastard about a refund. Does this mean it ain't gonna be rescheduled???

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

You have to ring them up if you bought online and they refund it to your card in a few days.

Advertisement