Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of cat is this?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

I see them all the time on lolcats, but I have never actually seen one in real life.
    They seem to be Japanese apartment cats most of the time, and a number of them have turned down ears. They are always so expressive as they seem to have big round heads as opposed to your normal everyday cat with the pointy head (excuse the lack of scientific terms).
    I am curious as to which breed they are.

funny-pictures-cat-took-your-prozac.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Id hazard a guess at american shorthair

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

The cat you describe sounds a lot like a Scottish Fold to me but I am not sure about the one on the photo : I thought Scottish Folds had always their ears "turned down". (I could be mistaken though).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

awanderer wrote: »
    The cat you describe sounds a lot like a Scottish Fold to me but I am not sure about the one on the photo : I thought Scottish Folds had always their ears "turned down". (I could be mistaken though).
    Yeh i think you're correct there with Scottish Fold what a cute breed. But, its definitely not the one in the pic that the OP posted. Theres loads of different breeds used in lolcat pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Am guessing the lovely cat in the photo is a British Shorthair
    The coats can be in a great variety of colours and any I met are friendly characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

i believe its a pussy cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Doreen123

I love my cat - BUT - he keeps sitting on my computer key pad and wrecking my settings. Just spent an hour fixing my outlook which he messed up with one swipe of his paw - I have no idea what how he does it, but without fail he changes my computer setup almost daily!! He's no pussy cat when it comes to IT ... I'm wondering if it's a territorial thing?? i feed him, love him, look after him but my claws are out now and I think he's picking up on my cross vibe and is seeking revenge!!??!!

Advertisement