Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime on TV

Options
  • 19-01-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's ANY TV station (available in Ireland) showing anime at the moment? I know I can watch plenty of anime on the internet but I'm just curious as to whether it's still shown on TV. Only a few years ago there were several channels with Anime programmes - Cartoon Network had their Toonami slot with DBZ, Tenchi, Gundam and others, Sailor Moon was on Fox Kids (Jetix nowadays I think), Pokemon on Sky1 (possibly still being shown?) and of course the anime network channel (or was it anime central?) which only seemed to show Cowboy Bebop and... was it Ghost in the Shell?

Yet nowadays I can't seem to find any anime on TV. What happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Jetix is now DisneyXD.
    Anime Central used to show a whole bunch of anime, but eventually just broke down to the bebop/GITS thing. Now that it's gone, some other chanell shows bebop/GITS very early in the morning (Around 4am).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There use to be an aime channel I dunno is it still there though,also they use to show anime on sci-fi every thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

hacx wrote: »
    Jetix is now DisneyXD.
    Anime Central used to show a whole bunch of anime, but eventually just broke down to the bebop/GITS thing. Now that it's gone, some other chanell shows bebop/GITS very early in the morning (Around 4am).

Heh, you'd know I was out of the kids channel loop ;)

Don't think I discovered Anime Central until it was at its Cowboy Bebop & Ghost in the Shell stage. What other anime used to be on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Emm.. Planetets, Bleach, FMA, to name a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AnimeCentral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Was it Propeller that were showing the edited version of Elfen Lied then?

Also, CNX. GLORY DAYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I miss the anime on sci-fi such as Devilman, Vampire Princess Miyu and Martian Successor Nadesico and the weird films. That channel got me into anime during my teen years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Numina wrote: »
    Was it Propeller that were showing the edited version of Elfen Lied then?

Also, CNX. GLORY DAYS.

Wow, wish I'd been into anime when CNX was on the go. Toonami was my first proper introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I miss the anime on sci-fi such as Devilman, Vampire Princess Miyu and Martian Successor Nadesico and the weird films. That channel got me into anime during my teen years.

Ditto, i think it was the same with S4C (or channel 6?) that used to show loads of late night anime in the earky 90's. Battle Angel Alita, Devilman, Akira etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

same here,ah memories *reminisces*

Advertisement