Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prodrift Mazda RX7

• 19-01-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Shot these last year during a brief ten minute shoot and having previously only paid attention to posting one shot I've tried to put together a short series of shots with a more inline style of post work.

Let me know your comments, good or bad !

4288099687_fe95bc3404_o.jpg

4288099929_625d4404dd_o.jpg

4288842316_b18e1efcdc_o.jpg

4288842602_66e98137df_o.jpg

4288100773_451c143c9d_o.jpg

4288100985_7ca0cccb7b_o.jpg

Sorry of the PP is a little OTT, just trying to find a style that's all my own !

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

First one and last one are brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Paddy, I really like these, the detail on some of them is really good.

Would you mind sharing some of the exif info on how you made these shots and also what kind of equipment you are working with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Zascar wrote: »
    First one and last one are brilliant

Same for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

DK32 wrote: »
    Paddy, I really like these, the detail on some of them is really good.

Would you mind sharing some of the exif info on how you made these shots and also what kind of equipment you are working with?

No problem !

The shots are mostly composed of two images, one for the background and one for the car which are then masked together. Some minor curves, sharpening and colour adjustment and they're ready to go.

Equipment for these was Canon EOS 40D with 24-105 F4 L and three external flashes for the statics and a 1D MKII N with 70-200 2.8 L IS for the action shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Fantastic pictures :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭kingbrumak

All I can say is WOW! Excellent shots, being new to photography and with a keen interest in car \ motorsport shots these are such an inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Said it before and ill say it again love them, realy love your style of shot, i love how the purple on the RX7 just pops and draws you in, your shots are so clear even the panning shots (something i need to practice :o)

Kind of off topic but Paddy you have definitely found your style, when my roomate came back from OZ he had a car magazine with him, when i seen one feature car i knew it was your work straight away, checked it out and low and behold i was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Holy crap they are feckin deadly !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Number 2 for me, They do look a little over processed though i think, Id have a bit less of a contrast between the car itself and the background.,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Masada wrote: »
    They do look a little over processed though

Yeah the PP is a bit too extreme but then everyone is different and if it works for you and the guy who has the car likes them then who cares - nicely done!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement