Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Camera to get???

• 19-01-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm looking to get a new digital camera (compact)

For the last few years I have been using a Casio Exilim 5mp camera, It served me well but its fairly dated and I reakon its time for an up-grade.

I was looking at another Casio Exilim (the Ex H10 seems to be impressive and that my approx price range) or a canon Powershot as the replacement but i'm open to ideas

I use the camera mainly for family outings, nights out, wedding, holidays etc so i'm hoping someone can help guide me throught he maze of camera reviews i seem to be stuck in and maybe recommend a good qty camera..

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

most digital compacts are quality these days..... panasonic, sony, canon, casio etc

it all depends on what you want to pay how much control you want from a compact and how shiny you want your camera to look.

my advice is.....just buy one that you can comfortably fit in your pocket that you wont loose.....I've recently been looking at getting a couple of compact cameras - for random nights out/weekends away....However being the way I am I'll probably blindly follow canon and get a G11 or whatever the next one is.

why not go into a shop and ask the sales assistant to try a few of them.... who knows...one of them might just feel right !!! (some of the compact cameras feel blocky/awkward)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Agree, based on the reviews Canon G11 is one of the best compact camera . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

maco wrote: »
    Agree, based on the reviews Canon G11 is one of the best compact camera . . .

Its not exactly compact though is it?

Trying to find the best P&S with HD video at the moment and they all seem much of a muchness, except the panasonic lumix tz7 which has 10x optical zoom. Looks the best one to me.

Advertisement