Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy drinks-Life saver or curse

Options
  • 19-01-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

So ya,anyone else need these to actually stay awake in class?

Had three myself todaat variouse times and seems to generally do the trick...never really spaced them out and worked wonders...did feel a bit of muscle twitch though :o.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

Had a 500ml bottle of Boost this morning and then got the shakes after lunch :confused: they're handy for really boring classes to wake you up, or to have just before a test I think! (wouldn't take them during the LC exams though.. So they're a mixed blessing i guess :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

stay away from them, they give you a quick burst of energy but after youll feel quite tired. Just stick with water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 yo!its_yoyo

The only time I have an energy drink is on a night out, and that is with vodka :D

Back on-topic: I would like to try one for before the exams but... I wouldn't chance it for the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Aren't they supposed to wreck your teeth? Knock the enamel off? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Meh, adequate sleep > energy drinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I freaked out the night before physics, and slept an hour before the exam.

It worked out for me :D

I am actually addicted to caffeine now though, I get withdrawal headahces if I dont have some at some stage during the day. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I lived on energy drinks and Dr. Pepper during my exams. Got awful crashes, was studyin great for an hour then conked out for hours, stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seloth wrote: »
    So ya,anyone else need these to actually stay awake in class?

Had three myself todaat variouse times and seems to generally do the trick...never really spaced them out and worked wonders...did feel a bit of muscle twitch though :o.
    Very bad for you on a regular basis.

Apart from anything else too many of them and you'll find that what you're writing starts to suffer from spelling and grammatical errors, but you don't even notice them ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Pffft Grammer nazi :P

well had one at small break as I had it from yesterday...then had another at lunch followed by another before after school study...kept me going I have to say.

But yeah if the mother found out she'd kill me:rolleyes:.Sees red bull as the devils work...well no not really she just knows all the ****e it does to your body and the chemicals in it((She's a Nurse)).

There are some times though I couldnt survive with out them,I would actually fall asleep((As I did when watching Whitering Heights in my English class the other day)),Bought a can of burn((Which is the biggest rip off ever...2 for 1 of blue bear ftw))and used it the next day...maybe if I drank it I could have lasted that extra hour of study.

:p:D

I'm not really, I was half in jest and half serious ... I've seen uni students pull all-nighters to finish essays, flooding themselves with energy drinks, and then the next day it's

I didn't actually write that, did I?! 0_o

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

FFS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

well had one at small break as I had it from yesterday...then had another at lunch followed by another before after school study...kept me going I have to say.

But yeah if the mother found out she'd kill me:rolleyes:.Sees red bull as the devils work...well no not really she just knows all the ****e it does to your body and the chemicals in it((She's a Nurse)).

There are some times though I couldnt survive with out them,I would actually fall asleep((As I did when watching Whitering Heights in my English class the other day)),Bought a can of burn((Which is the biggest rip off ever...2 for 1 of blue bear ftw))and used it the next day...maybe if I drank it I could have lasted that extra hour of study.

Seriously, be careful with that stuff, it really is not good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Donnie_Dark0

Id avoid anything with caffiene,i currently require a coffee just so i can stay awake while studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Interesting fact is that red-bull is banned from 15 countries.

Also advised not to mix with voka as it can lead to heart probelems =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Crow92 wrote: »
    Interesting fact is that red-bull is banned from 15 countries.
    Heh I hear red-bull cola is banned in Germany because they found it contains traces of cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Pfft I dont drink red bull...I drink blue bear...2 for 1 in londis((Currently a craze in my school to stay awake))

So I had a energy drink free day and didnt learn a thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Lawliet wrote: »
    Heh I hear red-bull cola is banned in Germany because they found it contains traces of cocaine.

If that was the case then you would have heard some thing about it on the news because the EU would have probably done something about it if it was true.

Energy drinks are full of s**t imo and I wouldn't touch them because they are full of caffeine and other chemicals. They might be good for a night or two but when you get into bad and short sleeping patterns you will regret drinking them.

Pfft I dont drink red bull...I drink blue bear...2 for 1 in londis((Currently a craze in my school to stay awake))

So I had a energy drink free day and didnt learn a thing :(
    You're in withdrawal.

So ...

a) go back on them, and make the problem worse until by LC itself you're on a dozen a day, bouncing off the rafters and unable to sleep;

or

b) stick with it, knowing that for a couple of days until your body adjusts you will probably be a bit dopey.

Advertisement