Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re sale value of imported Vauxhall

• 19-01-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am thinking of changing my car in the next 6 months or so and have really taken a shine to the Opel Insignia. Would look at buying a 09

I had a look on autotrader UK and there are plenty of 09 Vauxhall Insignias. The VRT is about €5300 so I could pay about 17.5-18k sterling and still be ahead on the advertised Carzone Irish prices. Good spec sallons to be had for 16k-ish (asking price)

My question is would a Vauxhall have decent resale value in Ireland or would it be a case of having to re sell it in the UK again? Also are the Opel & Vauxhall models 100% identical other than the badge?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

The Vauxhall badge will mean a lower resale value but it would depend on at age you'd be looking to sell it on. If you are going to keep for 5 or 6 years or so then the badge becomes less relevant as the car falls into a different market. However with a 2 or 3 year it will make a bigger difference. Also depends where you sell it on as well. Around the border areas it wouldn't make as big a difference as say Dublin as Vauxhall badges are much more common here.

The only difference between the Opel & Vauxhall would be spec mechanically they are identical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you buy it cheap, sell it cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Furtzy is spot on. If you think you might change in 2-3 years it would be a mistake, but if a long term proposition and the badge thing does not worry you then go for it. The old adage 'the day you buy is the day you sell' is very apt here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

On the positive side, you will get a 3 year warranty instead of a 2.
    I have imported a vauxhall before and had absoloutley no problem selling it on, in fact it was the quickest sale I ever made.
    Vauxhall's are opels assembled in the UK.

Advertisement