Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardcore Mods

Options
  • 19-01-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Right obviously the people that post on here are into body mods but are youse into the hardcore stuff? Like transscrotals or nullification? Would ya ever do it yourself?

Personally I don't think I could ever go as far as that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

There's a section for the hardcore parts, it's fairly inactive, still though you can't go there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

:(... How do I get access?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

A mod banned me from the American Football Forum for a whole month. If that's not a hardcore mod, i don't know what is.

EDIT: Left out the 'me' in the original post.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm not really into the hardcore stuff. No problem with anyone who is into it though, and I'll look at pics. I very rarely get weirded out by hardcore mods (yes, even urethral sounding :eek:) Furthest I'd go is stretching, scarification, maybe tongue splitting and I'd like to do a suspension. And definitely a play piercing session at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

hunter164 wrote: »
    :(... How do I get access?

PM one of the mods here. They either say yay or nay, depending on how good you have been.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    A mod banned from the American Football Forum for a whole month. If that's not a hardcore mod, i don't know what is.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

personally, i like to look at the 'hardcore' mods, but wouldnt feel compelled at all to get them myself. a few implants im interested in, and vaguely researching, but they'll have to wait a while. my lifestyle's just too active and im constantly covered in bruises as it is, i wouldnt sacrifice that lifestyle just to make sure my mods stayed in top condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

how can i get access im not like mad about the hardcore stuff just intresten and curious :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

you've to be over 18, there is a minimum post count and tbh the forum is dead, hardly any threads. you're better off on this one as it's more active.

anywho back on topic - how would you describe 'hardcore mods'? like surgical stuff? please elaborate :)

Me personally, anything that involves some form of surgery or a scalpell. Now I'm not talking like big operating table or anything, just something like nullification, tongue splitting etc...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Looking at hardcore mods like implants etc doesn't phase me, I find it pretty interesting seeing the different ways the body can be modified. The one thing I don't like is nullification. Being curious, I looked at a few pics etc on BME - bad idea :(

One thing I'd love to get is a corset piercing, it's on my 'list of things to do before I die'. I'd also like to try suspension, but after seeing that guy where the rig failed and he was really badly injured conjures up all kindsa fears in my mind :o. Guess I'm too much of a chicken for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Toots* wrote: »
    Looking at hardcore mods like implants etc doesn't phase me, I find it pretty interesting seeing the different ways the body can be modified. The one thing I don't like is nullification. Being curious, I looked at a few pics etc on BME - bad idea :(

Yeah, me too. I'm actually subscribed as RSS so it shows up in my gReader feeds. So imagine my surprise when (cof over 18's read further!)
    when I see a pic of a labia being stretched pulled back and pinned in to wood
    . Ouch! I mean I'm all for the 'you can do what you want to your body' belief. But there's some stuff I have to question the reasoning!

I don't think it falls in to any realm of vanity. Being that most extreme mods are discretely hidden. I think it's like anything you delve in to or have a keen interest in. The deeper you go the more addicted you get, and of course you find people who have the exact tastes and knowhow to ask for advice!

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah, me too. I'm actually subscribed as RSS so it shows up in my gReader feeds. So imagine my surprise when (cof over 18's read further!)
    when I see a pic of a labia being stretched pulled back and pinned in to wood
    . Ouch! I mean I'm all for the 'you can do what you want to your body' belief. But there's some stuff I have to question the reasoning!

I don't think it falls in to any realm of vanity. Being that most extreme mods are discretely hidden. I think it's like anything you delve in to or have a keen interest in. The deeper you go the more addicted you get, and of course you find people who have the exact tastes and knowhow to ask for advice!

NEVER WATCH ANTICHRIST!!!!!!! lol i was at a gig yesterday (black metal) and there was loads of weird mods (laberet streched with tunnle in) :eek::eek: but i was a split tounge :D it looked so wrong lol but i consider extreme anything that cant really be reversed like nullifaction

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think really if people wanna modify their bodies in whatever way, fair play to them. The thing about nullification I can't understand is when people chop off say a finger or something. Like why do something that's actually damaging you and is going to make it more difficult to do day-to-day things? I just don't get it at all.

I've heard some people say that they cut off or amputate various body parts because they believe they get in the way, and they can live better without them :confused:

I've heard some people say that they cut off or amputate various body parts because they believe they get in the way, and they can live better without them :confused:

how can ur leg/arm/penis get in the way??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Isn;t the opular quote that some of them do it because it makes them feel complete?

Isn;t the opular quote that some of them do it because it makes them feel complete?

Yes, which is ironic because they end up less complete (literally speaking) than when they began :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bedlam wrote: »
    read up on BIID

"PENIS MOM, I HAVE NO PENIS". :D

Now, that's taking it a bit too far! I mean I'm all for the scarification and cutting bits to look like other bits that look kinda cool. But to remove something that you need. Nah, that just plain don' make sense to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ever since seeing my first subincision I couldnt stop looking at hardcore mods, at first it was for shock value, but from there I found that alot of things like scarification, play piercing, suspensions, branding are seriously seriously interesting.

Hardly anything mod related will shock me these days, I do love the aesthetic values of most stretched piercings and would support anyone looking to do something like that to their body.. however.. I couldnt stetch, say.. a labret piercing, dont get me wrong its beautiful, but its not for me.

Ill stick to tattoos thankyou very much :) Id absolutely LOVE to get a scarification at some point in my life, but I dont think Ill ever have the cojonés to do it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I would love to try suspension sometime. I probably wont ever do it but I imagine it would be cool. Not into scarification meself but I wouldnt find anyone into it to be weird or anything. I just have enough scars from over the years and dont wanna give myself anymore lol. All that cutting bits and pieces out of yer lad and all that is mental. Ah sure its their own so they can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

A lot of the hardcore mods freak me out personally but I have nothing against anyone who's into that sort of stuff. Each to their own. After all I hate when people tell me that they think I shouldn't stretch my ear cos they find it gross. I'm not fecking stretching it for them now am I?

I've always found scars beautiful in a weird way and I think scarification is amazing and the results are gorgeous but I don't think I could ever go through the process. It just looks so painful.

Advertisement