Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Desktop - €478 off - Is this good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

decent enough i would say. full price was crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Depends on what you want it for I reckon. No monitor and the GFX card isn't up to much as far as I can tell. Other peoples will have more knowledgable advice I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't pay much attention to the original price, it was insane. It's an okay spec machine, not the best graphics card in it. What are you going to be using it for?

Just dont feel pressured into buying it just because of the "deal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No display, no speakers, no modem. no Word. Add 200 yoyos for that lot & you are into a range of other brands that might be worth your while looking at.

mordeith wrote: »
    Depends on what you want it for I reckon. No monitor and the GFX card isn't up to much as far as I can tell. Other peoples will have more knowledgable advice I'm sure.

weak point is definitely the graphics card. considering how cheap they are these days. however some people stick to the consoles so it might be a waste of money spending more

• Advertisement

problem with building pcs is theres always a better option "if you just spend a bit more".

before you know it youve blown your budget.

if your just browsing the net its more than enough. i think we need to know what the OP actually uses it for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭ShayC

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
    I need it for remoting into the office from home, also the usual stuff, browsing, photoshop, media.

The reason I asked is that couldn't see much difference to this one,
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&kc=HDP&l=en&oc=D0056s12&rbc=D0056s12&s=dhs
    which looks a lot neater and doesn't cost much more.

ShayC wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies.
    I need it for remoting into the office from home, also the usual stuff, browsing, photoshop, media.

The reason I asked is that couldn't see much difference to this one,
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=iedhs1&kc=HDP&l=en&oc=D0056s12&rbc=D0056s12&s=dhs
    which looks a lot neater and doesn't cost much more.

id get a bigger hard drive or just take the ones out of your old pc

that graphics card will play full hd films no problem. it sounds like you dont wanna do anything much more demanding than that

in your case this PC would more than fine

Advertisement