Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Seasons in Transfer Market

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

So, when are the recognised "Silly Seasons" on the transfer market? Y'know, the time of year when a mediocre player can net twice his worth and some managers go crazy trying to spend spend spend?

I imagine the week just after the play-off cash comes in must be one. Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

First 6 or 7 weeks of the season you normally get ridiculous prices on every player. I'd say the extra cash from the cup and the fact that 17 year olds are young and very trainable has something to do with it.

Just as an aside, right now is a great time to sign players. Low demand=fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I think that peak prices are in wednesday week 1, when people have playoff money burning holes in their pockets, and the first batch of 17yo youth pulls hit the market.

Prices seem to stay inflated until rounds 5/6, when most newer teams get eliminated from the cup and finances become tighter.

With the increase in injuries, I think there is a chance that the price for certain players could spike - managers making panic buys to cover key positions for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

roll on the silly season, hoping to make a nice bit of cash from player sales this time. even crap players can make a tidy profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I have some quite good players, excellent stats for their positions but suspect non-trainable attributes... so I'm thinking of offloading them in silly season and buying weaker players with more potential... now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya i have a good a decent enough players that i've been trying to offload but i think i'll wait till silly season and i should def get rid of them then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Have one player who I'm currently training up to 30K CSR and selling him off asap at the start of next season. Should get a couple of hundred grand for him.

Advertisement