Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rialto / SCR - skangers threw tub of yogurt over my sister

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

One of my sisters just rang me about an incident which happened to her in the tonight. She was walking from St James Hospital to Portobella, through Rialto along the South Circular road I believe.

The 17-18 year old was hiding behind a car.
    She was just walking along minding her business.
    The skanger stepped out from behind the car.... she thought he was just after getting out of a car and had a cup of coffee or something.

Anyways, he chucks the large tub of yogurt at her, destroying her from head to toe... A car pulls up with his two mates in it, he says "She's destroyed" or something, then they speed off.

She didn't get a reg number or anything, she was covered in yogurt.
    I'm sure the fookers in the car were filming it for YouTube or the like.

Anyways, she had to walk home like that.
    She dropped into a launderette to ask to use their bathroom to clean herself up but their water was turned off.
    A garda car happened to be outside when she stepped out, so they gave her a lift home. But without much details on the car they hadn't much to go on.

I imagine they scumbags will repeat this every few weeks if they get a buzz out of posting YouTube links or the like.

So watch out around that area.
    I know it could've been worse, but something to look out for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

These are the same type of scum that like to pull up beside innocent pedestrians and then scream something and drive off. There are usually 3/4 in the car.. between them I'd say they have the IQ of a peanut.

Glad your sister is ok though.

I would do a quick youtube search in the morning and see if anything pops up as who knows they may have other videos with their registration/address in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Same thing happened me with an egg a while ago, hit me on the head and it was actually quite sore! Happened my mother another time too, and she got quite a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'll be honest with you OP it's probably alot less than what coule have happened. Hope your sister is ok, but with all due respect a tub of yogurt isn't that bad. Scumbags, I agree, and tbh I hope they all get some karma but sure it isn't that bad.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll be honest with you OP it's probably alot less than what coule have happened. Hope your sister is ok, but with all due respect a tub of yogurt isn't that bad. Scumbags, I agree, and tbh I hope they all get some karma but sure it isn't that bad.
    I think it's more a heads up than being particularly worried about it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

OP, I'm part of a running club and when we're out running on the main road we've had ar5ehole scumbags throw glass bottles, eggs or pretty much anything they can get their hands on at us. It's actually quite common for these ar5eholes to attack people out running with all sorts of things and it's the subject of regular postings on the A/R/T forum.

My friend was walking through Rialto one evening and one young guy out of a group, all around 15, through a stone at her which hit her square in the forehead. It could've killed her but they thought it was hilarious.

I honestly can't understand the mentality of this scum of the earth and let's just say my normally left wing views become very right wing and intolerant when I see the unfathomable antisocial behaviour that these people carry out for their own amusement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 OnderGrund

Wow OP, my heart goes out to your sister – it could have been worse, but frankly as a woman being targeted at all is bad enough!
    I've had rubbish chucked at me while cycling; scuzzer saw me coming and lobbed a bottle of coke as I passed... feckin thing went across my bars and I know he was aiming for my hands. Separately, in Oct. we were driving around the back of Smithfield and a Scumbacg Jr threw a tomato IN the open window of the car – OH threw the car in reverse to chase him but the little b*ll*cks ran home to mammy.

I'm becoming a lot less understanding of the social condition these days... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

i saw a lad lean out of a car window and smack a cyclist wearing those skin tight racing suits in the arse. - i realise how dangers and scumbagy this is - but the memory of it now still makes me smile a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

just had a great idea - law abiding members of society should start driving around streets shouting hard maths at scumbags. itll be brilliant

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

sorry to hear op, ill have a scout around youtube tonight and see if i spot anything. i know a friend of mine was walking home through raheny one night and a guy in a passenger seat of a car soaked her with a big watergun....problem was it was full of urine :( she was not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This sort of thing is sadly a regular enough occurrence around Dublin.

I saw a car follow a cyclist all the way down a road near Smithfield recently honking the horn loudly and coming up so close to him they were almost nudging him with their bumper. The knuckle draggers in the car thought it was hilarious.

I wasn't able to get their reg plate unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well at least your Sister is more cultured than they are.

Sorry, couldn't resist :pac:

That sucks, I hate cowardly acts like that. I hate that my eyesight is crap and I can't see reg plates properly when they speed off. Hope they get caught.

About last year there were things landing on the pavement beside me on Mercer st beside Stephens green. I didn't want to hang around too long to see who it was as a full can of coke landed beside me. I called the Gards anyway.

Then it happened again about a week later. I took some shelter and acted as if I didn't notice and saw a bunch of kids on top of the carpark. Called the Gards again to tell them. Someone could have seriously been injured, it's disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Linku wrote: »
    Same thing happened me with an egg a while ago, hit me on the head and it was actually quite sore! Happened my mother another time too, and she got quite a shock.

The victim of this toe rag wasn't quite so lucky:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0116/1224262472293.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I hope they all get some karma but sure it isn't that bad.

or Korma, which is made with yoghurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

There were people in Blackrock handing out free tubs of Sour Cream last night to car drivers stopped at the lights.

Maybe that's how the 'little rascals' got their ammo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What an odd thing to hand out to people in cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭fontinalis

These scum need to be dealt with on their own level, they have zero respect for anyone else or the law and in 10 or 20 years time what do you think they will be like and their spawn?
    The thread below is disheartening when you read peoples responses to others standing up to scum.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055793748

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

just had a great idea - law abiding members of society should start driving around streets shouting hard maths at scumbags. itll be brilliant

I nearly fell off my chair – that's a BRILLIANT idea!
    "YOU, TRACK SUIT! GIVE ME PI TO FIVE DECIMALS!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

i saw a lad lean out of a car window and smack a cyclist wearing those skin tight racing suits in the arse. - i realise how dangers and scumbagy this is - but the memory of it now still makes me smile a little.

Well that is pretty funny

Advertisement